Chapter Twenty Four

Austin called me a number of times. He's texted me like a million more. He won't stop. I guess he got the papers. I've learned that it doesn't matter what I do. I can't make him love me. He can't make me love him. Long story short, he has a court date that he must attend. 

---------

*After The Hearing*

I walked out of that room an independent single mom. I'm proud of myself, yet I'm brokenhearted. 

"We could've of just worked this out. If you would've just listened to me Mary." Austin said as we were exiting the courthouse. 

"It's too late. It always was too late." I said.

"Well, it's court ordered for me to pay support and I get visitation." He said.

"I'm aware of that, I was in the courtroom as well." I rolled my eyes. 

"We're alternating holidays' right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. 

"Super." Austin muttered.

"Just be happy." I said.

"About what? I'm not happy that I just got divorced from the love of my life and my son taken away from me. I'm not happy. I'm mad as fuck. How the fuck can anybody be happy right now? I know deep down you didn't want to do this. You just wanted to find an easy way out of your temporary emotions. Well, guess what. It's about to get real baby." He said.

"Be happy that we don't have to go through all of the heartache anymore." I ignored the other chunk of what he just said.

"You'll  never understand it will you? No matter what I do you push me away. You only see me as the 'Player' that I used to be. I changed. A long time ago. For you! But, no. That's not good enough. I'm not ever going to be good enough." He explained.

"No. I just-"

"-Don't Mary. Please. I'm tired of hearing your excuses. You love me. I love you. We belong together. But, you just won't let your self be happy. There always has to be a problem." He cut me off.

i was taken back. Me? Oh hell no.

"Austin just stop. You're only mad because you can't have me anymore." I said. 

"You're right. 100% correct. I can't live without you. But I guess I'll have to find a way." He said.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"I love you Boo," He said before kissing me completely off guard. "I never stopped, and I never will."

Well....I wasn't expecting that to happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay this is really super short. I don't know why. I'll write an extra long one tomorrow or something. But, this is it for now. Love you lovlies  <3