Chapter 14 | Unexpected 3/ Love Over Brunch

"Hey, Mia, the clean-up crew will take care of that

"Hey, Mia, the clean-up crew will take care of that." Phoenix tells Mia as he gathers the charity envelopes. "You go home and chill. You've done enough."

Mia laughs. "Ah. OK." She puts down the balloons she was gathering.

"Yeah, sis!" I wrap my arm around her shoulder. "When did you get so good at this?"

"When it comes to someone I care about, I'm willing to learn anything. This was the first party I ever planned, Ari."

"Well, you had me fooled." I purse my lips. "You were damn good, girl!" I kiss her cheek. "Go ahead, Riz is waiting on you." I nod in Riz's direction.

"Alright, sis. See you later." Mia hugs me before taking off with Riz.

"And then there were two." I turn to Phoenix. "This was a lot of fun. Didn't see it coming."

Phoenix laughs. "I knew just the thing to get you up and out the house."

I roll my eyes. "Don't tell me you plotted with them, with the whole cheating thing?"

"Was my idea!"

I smack his arm. "Oh my God! What's wrong with you?"

"What? I just know what makes you tick." Phoenix puts his arms around my waist. "I know my baby."

"Hmm."

"Hmm." He mimics me.

"Well, just promise me one thing?"

"Sure. What is it?" He asks.

"Let's not let anyone know this is your baby until after you've announced the divorce. Until it's final. You know? No one outside of this party needs to know."

He huffs. "You're still on that, Ari? It will work out. Timing will be right. Don't worry. I got this."

I rub his arms. "I know. I just want to do this right."

"I get it, babe. I get it."

"Ok. Let's get out of here. Spending the night, tonight?" I ask as we walk towards the door.

"Nora has the girls tonight. I'm all yours."

**********************************