Chapter 37 | There's Been a Breach

1 Month Ago

January 5th (5 Months Pregnant)

Gotta love a Monday.

Deciding to get into work earlier than usual, I park in the open spot next to Phoenix.

Yes! Right by the entrance.

Today is gonna be a good one!

Grabbing my handbag and keys, I lock the door as I brush past his truck.

The hood is still hot. He must've just gotten here.

There! There's my baby.

Who is he walking with?

She's young. Bouncy. Long legs, long hair. Shapely.

Is that the same girl I saw hanging on him at the Windsor recon meeting?

Phoenix laughs at her stupid joke and opens the door for her, they disappear inside together.

I walk, briskly to the entrance, heart racing against time. Phoenix stands in front of the executive elevator, she's still by his side. The door opens and the two of them get on together.

Nausea washes over me.

I don't want him alone with her.

She's bad news.

"Definitely bad news." I say to no one in particular.

"You say something, Beautiful?" Stefon steps towards me.

"Oh! No, I'm good. Just thinking out loud."

"Let me know if you need anything. I got you." He points and winks.

Smiling as I walk through the turnstile, I head towards common, peasant elevator.

No golden key card needed.

As soon as I get to my desk, I DM Phoenix. He usually answers right away, as if he's sitting there just waiting for me. This time I get nothing.

Is this thing on?

Ally DMs me.

It works.

"Good morning, Aria. How's the campaign coming along?"

"Should have it on your desk by end of day."

"Great! Looking forward to it."

Knowing I should get to work, I text Phoenix on his phone, instead.

Maybe he's away from his desk. . .

I get to work on the campaign.

***

My stomach growls.

"Ohh, someone's hungry."

I turn to find Tonya, my cubemate, sitting behind in her chair. She points to me. "Lunch?"

"It's lunch already? I got lost working on this campaign for Windsor Court."

"Oh, yeah. Deadlines are tight on that project. But we all need to eat. What say you?" Tonya asks in her usual heady way.

"I'm hungry, but I'm going to have to pass. Got plans already." I tell her as I grab my handbag and phone.

"OK. Well, enjoy. I'm going to the cafeteria. See you later, girl." She rolls back into her cube, grabs her things and leaves.

Before leaving my cube, I flip the mini boulder over, that's sitting on my desk and grab the executive elevator key Phoenix gave me.

Let's go pay Phoenix a visit.