Chapter 30 | Prescott Realty Party Part IV/Cat's Out the Bag IV

Present Day

February (6 Months Pregnant)

Leaving the party is easy. I don't want to be here anyway. As I step away from the crowd, I drop the pretense, the smile, the everything-is-great expression I've been wearing all night and take the public elevator down to my floor. The thirty-second floor.

The executive elevator key better be here.

As soon as the elevator doors open, I jump off and run to my cube. Ripping open the first drawer I can get my hands on, I frantically shuffle through the contents. Mainly papers from meetings and notebooks full of notes.

Where is it?

Close that drawer. Next. Throwing old pens, a best practices book and a stapler to the side, there's no key. Next. I rifle through my personal things. Snacks, white cheddar popcorn, an apple in a ziplock bag. No key.

I plop onto my office chair and lean back looking around my cube. Baby brain is real. I barely used it in the two months I've had it, but it's somewhere around here. Thinking back to the day he gave it to me at lunch, I laugh out loud. He was making fun of me. What were we laughing about?

A smile slowly creeps across my face.

"Do you remember that day?" He asked, laughing like he was tickled pink. "That morning, early morning hours, even before joggers come out? I stepped outside my house and found your car halfway in the air?"

I remember my face getting hot and not being able to form a full sentence.

"You." He shook his head and laughed. "You're you. And that's why I got you this."

Aha! The boulder!

I reach across my keyboard and pick up the mini boulder Phoenix gave me as a gag gift. Flipping it over, I discover the key, snatch it and dash for the elevator. Now to get to his office is a bit tricky. There are only a few floors that allow access to the executive elevator. Only areas executives use regularly. And my floor isn't one. Although with all the secret visits Phoenix tries to make, one could argue my floor should be included. The ballroom, where the party is, is one of them. But I'm not going there, someone might see me getting on the elevator. The cafeteria floor has an executive elevator. I can go there and not be noticed. No one should be there.

I ride down two floors and jump off the elevator, stepping onto an unlit floor. There are tables and chairs laid out before me. The cafeteria, now closed, is to my right. Assuming I'm the only one here is a big mistake because in the distance, there's moaning, the hurt-me-so-good kind. Through heavy breaths, a man's voice registers at just above a whisper. Whatever is taking place, he apparently approves. Being as curious as I am, something in me urges me to follow the sound, to go and see with my own two eyes who this is and what they're doing. I tiptoe slowly and as I get closer, an intense longing rises from within my lower region. Like a red ribbon being pulled ever so lightly from between my closed thighs, it licks and teases me down there. With every moan, my longing grows stronger. My satin panties feel soft, wet and warm. Obviously, it's been a while.

The sound of skin against skin breaks the air and repeats itself again and again and again. It's aggressive. Like these two, whoever they may be, can't stay apart for long. He needs to be inside her, and she can't be without him not even for one second. I've known that intoxicating feeling. One hit and you keep coming back for more, it's a drug so overpowering, so all encompassing, you can never say no. And witnessing this, feeling this incredible intensity between these two takes me back to the electricity Phoenix and I felt before everything got so convoluted and complicated. I want that. I want it back. It was pure. Naked. It was us without filters. I hope to God he's not sharing that with anyone else. That was ours. 

************************

Could that be Phoenix and the mystery girl from the party?