Chapter 49 | Toxic

And here we are, the fifty-second floor. My phone chimes as I receive a notification from the slutty intern's social media account.

She's posted another picture, this time she's sitting on his lap at his desk! My heart skips.

Phoenix looks worse for wear. How many drinks has he had? The nerves on this girl! My blood boils. I exit the elevator ready for a fight. I can't believe I let it get this far. She has turned me into the woman on the outside looking in, within my own relationship. Or worse, I, me, I allowed her to creep and crawl her weave-wearing ass into the cracks and break us until we are no more. I let her do this to us. Trying to hide, to keep us a secret has killed us. Well, she's about to pay, she's doesn't know who she's messing with.

I pass the reception desk going straight to Phoenix's office. His privacy windows aren't up. That's not like him. If this was what she was making this into, the privacy fog would definitely be on those windows. There he is, in his goddamn office chair at his desk looking . . . not quite like himself. At least the side of him I can see.

How could he do this?

Her purse is open on his desk with some of the contents spilled out.

Sloppy.

There's only one drink at the desk. Where is she?

The door to his private restroom opens and she's standing there in lingerie. She stands in the doorway, holding onto the sides of the door frame, wearing a red see-through lace bra and matching thongs with a red lace garter belt, fishnet stockings and clear platform stripper heels.

Where'd she get those shoes? She planned this. She didn't wear those to the party.

But how?

She had to know there was some way to get next to him.

Her gorgeous, toned legs go for miles. She turns around and showcases her tight frame. That tiny waist and shapely butt are enough to make any man drool. She looks back at Phoenix and smiles. I shake my head in disgust.

And now she's got him. Captivated. My man. How can I compete with that? With a belly six-month full?

I watch in horror as she catwalks to him, modeling her lingerie. She walks, crossing each legs in front of the other with confidence and intention. She turns and bends over teasing him, showing off and patting her goods, signaling him to come to her. She flips her hair as she turns around and places her hand in her panties, touching herself and rubbing herself while looking into his eyes.

"Don't you want a taste?" she asks then smiles.

Phoenix says nothing as he looks on, watching her.

Usually, the one with the gift of gab, Phoenix isn't saying much. What's caught his tongue?

She gets down on her knees and crawls the rest of the way, to him. "Getting hard for me, I see," she teases.

I try to see for myself, but Phoenix's package is just out of view.

She reaches his chair and turns him to face her.

It burns. Gritting my teeth, I cover my face with my hands.

What do I do?

I'm hoping, pleading he's immune to her. That he doesn't go weak, the way I do when I look at her. Only his weakness would be from desire. Mine is from failure to check her in at the fucking door. How could I have let it go this far?

She gets up and sits in his lap as he leans back. She snaps a picture of them together.

Immediately my phone dings and a notification pops up.

This chick has the audacity to post the picture of her sitting in his lap with her lingerie on and her followers are going wild. Comments pour in within a matter of seconds.

"Congratulations! He's a real catch!"

"Girl, yes! Seal the deal on that one!"

"He's a keeper!"

"Wish that was me sitting on his fine ass! Wink, wink!"

You're too late.

My worst fears are materializing right before my eyes. He's moved on and I haven't even had our baby yet. Everything hurts. My eyes sting, my throat burns and my nose feels as if I've just swallowed a healthy dose of wasabi. I'm destined to be a baby's mama and nothing more to him. Oh God. I can't do this.

I feel sick.

Before I know it, I've vomited on the carpet. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, still feeling very nauseated, and run as far away as fast as I can go. I reach the executive elevator, turn the key and disappear into the safety of the elevator, into the safety of anywhere but here. The buttons are a blurry mess, all I see is their glow, the numbers are smeared and unreadable. I press the lowest one hoping it's the first floor. With nothing left to hold onto, I allow my body to crumple into a corner and let the wall hug me from both sides. Drops of saltwater form into little puddles at my feet, magnifying the swirls of the grey and white marble I stand on.

It's too late. You're too late, girl!

**********************

Aria's worst fears are materializing right before her eyes. Is there any hope? Remember, Loves, TAP THAT STAR! It helps me rank and get seen. Thank you all for your support! Love you guys!