Chapter 20 | Blazing Flames

2 Months Ago

2 Months Ago

Mid December (4 Months Pregnant)

I press the button on the tiny remote and a fire pops up in the fireplace. I press the button to the sound system allowing music to echo off the empty spaces of the suite. Phoenix leans back relaxing into the couch as he sips a bourbon on the rocks.

The image of him in front of the fire is postcard picturesque. "I could take a picture of you right now, sitting here all cozy in front of the fireplace wearing that cable-knit sweater and jeans with your glass of bourbon in hand and literally make a holiday greeting. And be proud, sending it out to all our friends. Merry Christmas!" I sip on my pineapple juice with umbrella and fruit garnish.

The seductive beat of Praiz's "Somebody" adds an aire of sexiness to the atmosphere.

Phoenix laughs. He's gorgeous in the glow of the fire. His immaculately trimmed mustache and goatee and those dark mysterious eyes, as if he's always calculating, always thinking, always figuring something out, even when he seems at rest. He doesn't stop. This man is relentless.

"I love you." I whisper and kiss his bourbon-stained lips. The taste of which reminds me of a life lived before this whirlwind of man showed up. Life in the club serving drinks, wearing next to nothing, wondering what I was going to do after college. Before I was sure of anything, not even of myself. And now I'm here with him and he only has eyes for me. I have it all, the guy, the job, the life. This is a dream. It's every girl's wildest dream.

Phoenix swirls the bourbon around in his glass before swallowing the last gulp. He leans into me. "Come here."

His lips are exceptionally soft and inviting and contrast against the stubble on his face, but I love it all because it's him. His face lightly grazes mine as we seemingly float while he kisses my neck and ears. Magically, I unfold because I have no choice. He's learned my landscape; he knows where the land mines are and precisely where the keys are kept that open all my doors.

"I've been waiting all day for this," he confesses. "It's been two days." He bites my neck ever so slightly. "I missed you, babe." He kisses my shoulder and gently pulls my sweater over my head.

I oblige and allow him to undress me.

"How?" I ask breathing deeply. "How could you possibly miss me? I've been here the whole time." I whisper.

"I wasn't close enough." He pants. Then he snags the vegan fur throw from the sofa and lays it out on the floor for me. "I need to be in you, Ari." He leads me to the floor in front of the fireplace.

I gulp.

He unbuttons my jeans and slowly pulls down the zipper. I lift up. He pulls my pants down and off. The warmth radiating off the fire feels fantastic. I lay back into the fur and watch. Phoenix raises up on his knees, lifts his sweater over his head and tosses it to the side. His chiseled arms, incredibly toned abs, to-die-for pecs and that sexy deep V leading to his treasure trove make my mouth water.