21

(Y/n) POV

I finished making breakfast for both Oikawa and me "hey I know it's been about a week but I'm sorry" as I chewed on a piece of apple I was confused by his statement. "What do you mean? You didn't do anything wrong" he placed his spoon in his bowl and sighed "I'm talking about your graduation" my eyes widen, but when I lifted my head I saw an Oikawa with his head down like a puppy who got scolded. I placed my pointer finger under his chin as a result of him lifting his head once again "you have nothing to say sorry for I graduated and it was nice but I'm even more glad that you are okay" I paused "because even if I graduated it wouldn't be nice if you weren't okay" I peaked his lips and went back to eating.

Later that day he kept on taking more steps so we made it a daily routine of taking a fifteen-minute walk in the afternoon after we had done everything that needed to be done. "Our wedding is coming up soon," he said as he sat down on the balcony chair as I also hand him an opened water bottle. "It is huh..." I say feeling butterflies in my stomach. "I can't wait," I say with a smile that even I didn't expect to be so wide and sparkling.

The days went on one by one and with every day weeks went by, and little by little Oikawa's progress kept getting better and better. Every day we tried something different because I knew that for him having the same routine with no volleyball in it would boring. We would walk in the afternoon but as a month went by we would go on two walks a day intill it felt like he was good as new. I accompanied him to his final doctor's appointment who then said "his progress seems going smooth and there seems to be full healing along with stability in his scans and test" Oikawa sat there while squeezing by hand only to let me know that he wanted to get cleared to play. " take it easy for two weeks of practice after that I think you'll be fine" his hands squeeze suddenly stopped and he got up lightning-fast bowed a 90-degree angle "thank you". The doctor laughed and took himself out of the room with his clipboard and pen in his hand "thank you very much" I say I grab my bag but before I can even walk out of the room I get pulled into a hug leaving me to smile "thank you for taking care of me even when I felt like I was capable but in reality wasn't" I wrapped my hands around "silly you don't need to thank me that's why I'm here for". He got his bandages off and he said he would drive to tell his coach what the doctor said so as he left I decided to put on my volleyball gear and go to a gym to play some volleyball. "Been a long time huh?" I say as my finger slid across the net "Miss.(L/n) I need you to drop and give me twenty for not telling me you'll be here" I look out and see my coach from high school. I hugged her and she laughed "who let you in?" She asked and as I held on to the ball "the principal did," I say "you're gone and yet it still feels like you'll be here every day."

I got done with playing only to realize how much I missed "maybe I should've played volleyball in college" sighed as I unlocked the door to the house. I set my bag down and walked into my slippers.