23 || Part of that world

Jungkook's POV:

Jimin gave me a place and time to go and meet his one and only family formally since we're dating officially. I don't know why I feel so nervous about this. It's equal to meeting his parents and that even more unsettling.

Remember that I did a secret background check about Jimin? Both of his parents died due to an accident that had him step up to the responsibility of supporting his brother and himself. He has been through a lot and I at least know the summary of it.

But I still want everything to come out from Jimin's own mouth when he's ready to tell me everything that he entrust me to know. I had the cleaning services clean the house while me and Jihyun were gone. Just like last time.

I don't think it will be that hard since Jimin has kept the house neat and well. To be honest, these past few days has been weird to me. Now that Jimin isn't present physically, everything around me seems to remind me of him.

I notice a bunch of things and I get distracted easily because... I miss him. This weird syndrome isn't only attached to me. Joocheol is also experiencing some difficulty in concentrating because he kept thinking about Jimin.

I guess that he spent more time with Jimin more than me and so he was very used to Jimin's presence all around him. Jimin also took care of him as if Joocheol's his real son as well. I really appreciate that about him.

"Kookoo, calls really aren't enough to satisfy the both of us. We need Appa so much that I kinda feel nervous meeting him again in person, do you feel the same?", sometimes, I regret having to teach this kid a lot at such a young age.

It's surprising enough that he could read me and he's right about it so I nodded reluctantly. I drove to the restaurant Jimin reserved. Of course it was Jin hyung's. I'm more nervous to meet Jimin than to actually meet his brother.

Jimin has told me a lot about how kind and grateful Jihyun is and that reassures me. Or do I need to get nervous? Jimin once told me that Jihyun can't be impressed by money so I went to get a couple of his favourite wine manufactured by our company.

It isn't expensive, but Jimin told me that it's his ultimate favourite. When we got there, a waiter escorted us to our table. Upon seeing them, although I was surprised by Jimin's new appearance, Joocheol and I bowed formally to him.

"Nice to meet you once again, I'm Jeon Jungkook and this is my son, Jeon Joocheol.", I introduced before taking a seat. "And this is my only blood family, my younger brother, Jihyun.", Jimin took the initiative to reintroduce.

I wanted to be polite, but Jimin just caught my attention. "Appa, you really look like a fairy now. I thought that you wouldn't do it.", my son reached out to Jimin's hair and Jimin pulled him to sit on his lap.

"Of course, I trust that my baby has a good taste. I missed you so much.", Jimin has told my son and kissed his cheek. I have nothing else I wanted to do more than to just kiss Jimin right now.

Jihyun faked cough to get my attention and I tried to not look at Jimin too much. "Oh, I brought you a gift. It isn't much, but your brother has told me that this is your ultimate favourite since you were legal to drink.", I handed the four bottles of wine that are meticulously wrapped by hobi hyung together.

"Oh, thank you. I didn't bring one to give you though.", he received it and I shook my head. "No need, meeting you is already enough as is. I hope to leave a great impression.", I truthfully said. I'm now starting to get nervous as Jihyun gave me this calculating gaze.

The food came in without us ordering. "I told Jin hyung to surprise us.", Jimin informed and we are now on our appetizers. "So what did you like about Jimin hyung?", Jihyun started. "He's very earnest and he loves my son unconditionally.", I answered him.