37 || Public figure

Jimin's POV:

I looked over at Jungkook to see if he knew how to respond to his son's question. Joocheol obviously asked ME, but this was kinda tough. "I'm gonna say this to you because you're vulnerable to it if you aren't aware of it.", I decided to say and Jungkook agreed silently by nodding.

"Grooming meant cleaning, right? But the term used in this context actually meant something vile.", I said seriously and he sat properly to focus his full attention on me. "There are some adults who prefer young children like you to manipulate, harass, or assault.", I told him using big words that we've already gone through.

"Manipulate is when you tell people things to make them do what you want to happen, right?", he asked while wracking his brain to go over the other two words. Jungkook raised his brows at me but didn't complain.

"Harassment and Assault are similar, but harassment may or may not be a crime while assault is a crime committed with malicious intentions.", he memorized every important word I tell him when I teach him about things he was curious about.

You know, kids who are 3-6 years old are on a stage in their lives where they tend to ask about everything while learning and adapting to the world they are living in. This is also one of the most crucial parts of being human as kids tend to build the foundations of their character at this age.

If the said foundation was built in an environment of trauma, bad-parenting, bullying, and manipulation... there is a 90% chance that the child would have some sort of mental disorder or illness that he/she might've not gone through if prevented.

I have discussed this with Jungkook before as his son is far more advanced in knowledge, but he's still in the same stage as his peers. He allowed me to explain some mature content like this to Joocheol provided that he is also educated with righteousness.

"Grooming is when this adult prepares his victim who will most likely be a minor like you; to manipulate the victim with the intent of committing malicious assault like non-consensual mating.", I explained. I was waiting to hear his follow up question.

The father and son sitting with me on the couch both gasped but for two different reasons. "I can't believe you let him know about that.", Jungkook gasped at the seriousness of our topic. "I hate you, Kookoo. Were you really grooming Appa?", Joocheol began crying.

"Oh no! You misunderstood.", I quickly denied his conclusion. "But that's the point of manipulation, right? You who are a victim wouldn't know nor notice.", he pointed out while sobbing and hitting his dad with a pillow.

"It's not like that. We are both adults and we are both aware of each other's thoughts and opinions because of great communication.", I quickly said to have him listen. I repeated this slowly when he calmed down a bit.

"What the media wrote was wrong and out of context. They only wrote this content online as a click bait, but it isn't true.", I explained and he frowned. "Isn't this wrong then? Kookoo sorry but you have to press charges for defamation on this one.", Joocheol said as he wiped his ears.

Jungkook and I fell silent as we looked at each other for a few seconds. "Did you teach him that?", Jungkook asked me and I shook my head. "I was going to ask you the same question.", I told him and we heard Joocheol sign before us.

"I heard it from the divorce trials of Dad and Mama in the supreme court. I searched about it before because the word sounded cool in my ear.", Joocheol had explained. This is the incident that made Jungkook limit Joocheol's screen and internet time.

It was too risky to expose a very smart kid to the internet that is filled with a bunch of opinions disguised as facts. Most millennial parents are already aware of this as the internet grew with us.