30 || Doing great

Jungkook's POV:

Three days later, Joocheol was 100% fine and is finally out of the hospital. We stayed there with him the whole time. And about the photos being leaked? I can never be angry at the person behind it.

It was my Dad Jaehan who got my camera and he ordered Jin hyung to give the media his handpicked content. That also includes the video of the vows.

"Appa, can I go back to school tomorrow?", my son asked Jimin who was cooking. "The doctor said it was fine, but the school gave you the whole week off.", Jimin informed. I didn't even know that.

"It's Thursday tomorrow and you're supposed to have school, but since you didn't... I was planning to take you with me to the dog cafe. Didn't you say that you like dogs?", Jimin asked my son about something I didn't know he liked.

"Yes. Forget school for the meantime. I wanna see the dogs.", my son said excitedly. "Can I go?", I asked. We were currently waiting for dinner to be done. "No, you still have a lot of work to catch up on.", Jimin sternly disagreed and I whined.

"There's no way around it. Hobi hyung told me that you also have a business trip to attend to. That's why you have a lot of work you need done before going.", Jimin reminded.

"It's okay, Kookoo. We're going together next time. For now, it's just gonna be me and Appa on a date.", I don't know if my son is teasing me or something. I don't know how to feel about that.

We ate dinner and celebrated things getting better... except for mine because I have piled work to do. "I didn't know he liked dogs. Should we go get him a dog?", I asked Jimin while we're both preparing for bed.

"I asked that too, but he didn't want it.", Jimin answered. "What? Why?", I asked him. "He said that he can't commit to such a responsibility yet. Such a mature statement.", Jimin commented and my eyes widened.

"I think my son has greater sense of responsibility than I am.", I said more to myself than to Jimin. "Do you want to know how I see it?", Jimin asked in a very serious tone and I nodded.

He sat up and looked at me. "I see it as Joocheol was trying to think adultlike for himself when there was a time he couldn't rely on you. I know you felt guilty for that, but I've been there too. I wasn't as young as Joocheol when I felt like I had no one to rely on. I wasn't as smart as him either."

That was a blow right into my gut. It hurt to hear that and my pride was actually in pain. "That's how you see it?", I asked him and he nodded his head firmly. "Gosh, it's times like this that I feel like such a failure of a father."

"You're doing great right now, actually.", Jimin commented. "Joocheol once told me that he likes this version of you where your head is visibly in the right place. I think he meant that he likes it when you're working hard without having to worry as much as before.", Jimin informed and crawled on top of me to hug me.

"As for me, I see you as a very reliable hyung other than being my official boyfriend.", he snuggled up to my exposed chest. "You don't have to be insecure nor doubtful of your actions or decisions. I just want to tell you that I'm here now and that we can deal with it together.", he whispered... seemingly unsure in the process.

"That's a lot better. Just knowing that makes me feel at ease. It's hard trusting new people, but it wasn't that hard giving them a chance to prove themselves. You proved that I can be vulnerable around you too and you also already knew a lot of great people around me. It just made me trust you more.", I honestly voiced out for the first time.

"I knew that much. I know how hard it is to trust people when a few people from the past has already broken that trust.", he said it with such vile, I think he has met people worst than my ex wife.