29 || Lifeline

Jimin's POV:

Jungkook has gone out of the hospital room to answer a call from Yoongi hyung who seemed kinda in panic mode. I on the other hand was left with... basically my "fiancé's" father.

"Jimin-ah, I won't be tired of saying how thankful I am that you and Jungkook crossed paths.", he whispered gently. "Just before you came in, Jungkook was an absolute wreck and was in the middle of breaking down to fine pieces of sand."

"I don't know how to explain it, but it was as if you're a potter and you deliberately turned the sand that Jungkook was, into clay. You're building him up once again. While neither me nor my husband could do that.", he started venting about how hard it was for him to have seen his son in his worst state.

"We did all we could to help him especially with Joocheol who is now laying in a hospital bed. But he was still far too emotional and fragile from all the pain he went through.", he changed his posture into a very serious one.

"Now let me get this straight. I know for sure that you won't even try to hurt his feelings, but if HE was the one to hurt yours; you must come see me immediately. You can cry and never tell me anything and it's gonna be fine. I'm fine with it. I just want you to know that you also have my and my partner's support like Jungkook has it.", he grabbed onto my shoulders while saying this.

"We've got your back too.", he finished and hugged me. I can't help but tear up a bit. It's like I have my parents again. If you don't remember, I lost my parents long ago and all I had was my little brother. And now, this family has me. They took me in so easily.

"Thank you. Thank you so much.", I sobbed. "Why is he crying?", Jungkook asked when he came back in. "Nothing. It's our own little secret.", Pops dismissed his son. "Oh, okay.", Jungkook who was dismissed went over to see his own son.

A little bit later, Pops decided to join the party at the company so he left us there. The sofa can be folded into a bed and Jungkook got pillows from what seemed like a linen closet.

"I'll go home and get some things for us to change into. I'm also gonna shower there. Do you need anything?", he asked me. "No, I just need you to be safe.", I told him and he pecked my lips lovingly before leaving.

I went over to sit beside Joocheol after Jungkook left. I was looking at his son and chuckled at myself when I recalled what I said while I was drunk. I really did start to see Joocheol as my own son and I love him so much.

It was like I was desperate to have some sort of connection with this child. I wanted to somehow be a permanent part of his life. I want to take on that role of a parent without pretending.

The question is, am I really ready for this? Jungkook and I are still in the midst of starting to fall in love with each other while we act as if we're a newly wed couple. I don't really want to rush things between us but Jungkook is acting the opposite.

I want us to build a strong foundation for this relationship to last. I want to at least marry him till death do us apart and not just until our love dies. I don't want such a precious love to die.

I might've been the lucky one to be receiving all of this from them, but I'm also selfish enough to not want it to end. How do I tell Jungkook this stuff? A lot of stormy events just came through and it was a lot to take in.

His parents just got married and we went into a storm while on the ship on our way home. And now he was so busy with his company's scheduled event, but his son got sent to the hospital.

I'm sane enough to know that I shouldn't add up to the burden of responsibilities he's carrying. Instead, I want to be able to handle those with him. I'm so sappy and cheesy, it's romantically gross.