34 || On my own

Jungkook's POV:

Jimin almost didn't sleep last night and I was too tired to keep up with him so I eventually fell asleep without him. This morning, he sent me my detailed schedule and the proposals I needed to reread for the meetings scheduled on this day.

I also had an outside appointment to check the lands owned by the company for farming so I'm mostly gonna be out after two short meetings of proposal reproofing. I had a lot in my hands and Jimin has too.

We decided last night that he will take matters into his own hands and talk to the school management. He has all the right to do so after donating money to the school for the renovation of the school auditorium.

He didn't want them to baby and spoil Joocheol and I agreed. Just because my son's family has the money and the power, it doesn't mean that that power is already bestowed upon him. I love my son, that's why we're doing this.

-

During my outside appointment, I gave permission to my dads to pay the company a visit while the few highest in positions are all gone. Meaning me, Hobi, and Yoongi hyung. It's also a great time to visit so Namjoon hyung can explain to them that we're going through a modern shift.

One of the board directors decided to come with me and I knew he had ulterior motives for this. Let's see how this plays out. He's one of those that takes me as a fool. Damn him, I'm only a fool for love.

"Why don't we just develop these lands and make a hotel-resort given that the views are amazing around here, Mr. Jeon?", he started to blabber. "Why would you think that, Mr. Song?", I asked him while feigning ignorance.

"Water parks and villa resorts have been in demand these past few years and it continues to grow by day. We can't miss out on this breathtaking view so I dare say you should build a hotel-resort here to add to your empire.", he tried to convince me.

"But where would we grow our own vegetation if not here?", I asked him. "Don't worry about that. We can always import goods from first world countries for cheaper.", he suggested and I acted as if I was neutral about it. "I'll think about it.", I said while dismissing him.

I gave him a sense of accomplishment but in reality, I just decided to pull out his shares from the company as soon as Yoongi hyung came back. We don't need parasites mooching off on the money that deserves to be paid to these hardworking farmers that keeps the majority of Korean people receiving high class manufactured goods.

I continued exploring the grounds with the help of the lead farmer and one of the researchers from the company. The researcher first explained that we're producing kimchi quality cabbages while the farmer told me how they maintained the quality.

The whole trip, I was just amazed by how the people in here loved their work. During lunch, they took me in a picnic to which I humbly accepted. One of them confessed that he used to be an average office worker for a bank but he got too tired of the city so he decided to work at the farm. He claimed that it's the best decision he has ever made.

He also whispered that our company paid farmers above the minimum wage which was way more than what the bank used to pay him. I joked that he was probably lying and we all shared a laugh.

Meanwhile, the member of the board directors who was here earlier was unwilling to join us for lunch. I guess he was too repulsed by the idea of eating humbly. I'm getting the urge to simply ruin all of him and his reputation because I can, but he's lucky I'm not not like that.

I'm simply just going to cut all of his connection to me and my company, also remove his accomplices. I'm going to have them background checked one by one after the modern shift to work project I'm currently working on.