ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝕿𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍𝖘 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗

Newton, Massachusetts was dreary in November, heavy gray clouds covered the skies, causing an inevitable chill to run rampant through the air. Heavy boots echoing with each steps as people tried to stay warm in the freezing temperatures. Mindless chatter filled the air as couples passing by spoke of their holiday plans. Andy smiled, his long coat pulled tightly around him with a briefcase residing in one hand, a to go coffee cup in the other as he ascended the steps into the law office, smiling at the woman behind the desk. "Mornin' Mr. Barber! Hope the wife and boy are well!" The bubbly red head smiled, seeing Andy offer an equally excited smile. "Doing just fine Candy, any news on the Matthew's case?" Andy asked, stopping outside the window enclosed office. "Everything's on your desk Mr. Barber!" Candy cheered, a laugh leaving his lips with a gentle shake of his head, pushing the door open to his office before stepping in.

Work that day was average for your normal workaholic trying to revive his reputation after his son was falsely accused of murder, that tends to put a damper on the whole top prosecuting lawyer thing. In fact, it pretty much destroyed his name, his reputation, his business. But family was everything, and he'd continue to put his name on the line if it meant he was able to keep his family together. Everything he did was family oriented, photos of Jacob and Laurie lined the walls of his office, bringing a smile to his face everyone he looked up from his case work, scanning the documents of his newest case. Another drug related one. This time, it was a state offense for moving bricks of coke across state lines, providing a profit of a little over a million dollars. "I may have gotten into the wrong business." Andy joked, leaning back in his office chair with a squeak, flipping the document over as he read. Silence filled his office, until a phone call rang on his personal line. Everyone who knew him knew what his business hours were, and when to not call him for personal matters.

Shuffling through his briefcase, he located the expensive glass item, picking it up and sliding his finger across the screen, pressing the speaker phone option as he placed the device on his oak desk. "This is Andy." He spoke, his tone more lax than when he's on his professional line. "Mr. Barber, this is Dr. Moore from Newton Hospital regarding your son and your wife." Dr. Moore spoke carefully, waiting for Andy's response. Andy felt his chest tighten, fear taking over, these calls were never good. "Oh God, are they alright?" Andy spoke quickly, setting down his case, packing things up quickly, searching around his desk for where he flung his keys when he walked in just hours before. "They have both been involved in a serious car accident, Mrs. Barber is stable, your son is fluctuating in and out, can we expect to see you soon?" The doctor asked, hearing Andy slam his briefcase shut. "Yes, I will be there shortly." He spoke, hanging up the phone before searching for his sister-in-laws contact, pressing the call button.

Addison was sitting at her desk at the local news station, planning out her mid morning section. "Hi my love." Tommy spoke, walking into the room and pressing a kiss to her lips. "Hi baby, how was the 5 am airing?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his neck, nuzzling her nose against his. "Good, always fun to be up at 3 am, you looked precious when I woke up." He smiled, reaching around her body for his phone, pulling up a photo of her sleeping, a blush creeping amongst her cheeks as he pressed another kiss to her lips. They pulled away abruptly at the ring of her cell phone, her eyebrow raising as Andy's contact displayed across the screen. Her thumb slid across the glass screen, holding the phone up to her ear as she leaned her head back onto the comfort of her boyfriend. "Andy?" She asked, Tommy reaching down to knead her shoulders. It was unusual for Andy to call, they only had each other's numbers out of courtesy, in case they needed her to watch Jacob when he was younger or when Laurie would call off her husbands phone to chat.