ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The rain was relentless the following morning, heavy droplet's beating against the window echoing in the nearly silent house. Andy had awoken an hour before Addison, looking down at the sleeping form on his chest, soft breaths leaving her lips and fanning across his bare chest. She looked peaceful, and Andy was ecstatic he was the one who provided her with that. Slipping out of the bed, careful not to move her around to much to allow Addison some much needed sleep, he pulled the comforter up to her chin, smiling as she curled up, her head resting on his pillow. He placed one hand on the headboard, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead, quietly leaving the room and going downstairs. Andy flipped on some lights, reaching the thermostat to turn on some heat before heading to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, the machine whirring to life as he sat down at the counter, a sigh leaving his lips as the weight of everything came crushing down on him, a choked sob leaving his lips.

Addison groaned slightly, her body aching as if she had just ran a marathon. Her eyes fluttered open as she rolled her head from side to side, adjusting to the light that was peeking into the room, the November chill slipping in from the cracked window. "Andy?" She asked softly, rubbing her eyes before sitting up, collapsing back on headboard. Her whole body felt like a brick of lead, planting her in her place on the bed, the realization of what happened last night setting in, tears flowing down her cheeks. "He cheated on me with my sister." She whispered, frantically searching for her phone, locating the device on the nightstand, reaching over and pulling the device to her, seeing messages from Tommy, Laurie, and her friends sitting in the unread section. With a heavy breath, she clicked on Laurie's message thread, tears dripping on the phone as she read the message.

Laures:

'I know it looks bad, but let's talk?'

Addison;

'Let's talk.'

Addison's head shot up when she heard Andy's loud cry, a crash sounding from downstairs, quickly tossing her phone aside and using her strength to rush downstairs, using the sleeves of his shirt to dry her tears as she rounded the corner, seeing him curled into a ball on the floor. "Andy!" She spoke frantically, kneeling down in front of him while he sobbed, his body shaking from the force of his cries. "Let's go to the couch?" Addison whispered, cupping his cheek when he looked up at her, his bright blue eyes dark, red covered the whites of his eyes, his eyelids drooping as let out another pained sob. "Come on." She spoke softly, slipping her arm under his armpits, his around her shoulders, her leg strength lifting them to a standing position. She was careful, stepping around the broken class of the shattered coffee mug while she lead the two of them to the couch, allowing him to sit before she sat next to him. He collapsed into her lap, the pain baring down on him like a knife to the back, her hand on the back of his head as he sobbed into the soft skin of her thighs.

Andy's whole world had been turned upside down, the only constant was Addison. Laurie was cheating on him, and he had no idea for how long, what if that was the reason Jacob snapped, and ultimately was it the reason he was gone? His son died tragically, his own wife ignoring Andy's cries for help as he slipped into the void. She was too preoccupied with her own desires. On top of that, he was let go from his dream job, everything seemed to crash down on him, a bone crushing weight that was unescapable. Addison had hunched over him, her hands on his shoulders as she enclosed his head in her body, enveloping him in the sense of her. The sweet smell of tangerine that resided on her skin slowing his never ceasing tears, the warmth of her body causing his eyes to fall shut as his stuttered breathing returned to normal, a shaky breath leaving his lips as he tapped her thigh, alerting her that he was okay. Her body pulled back, her hands removing themselves from his warm skin as he sat up, running his hands down his face. "I'm sorry."