ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ☽

tw: mentions of a controlling relationship 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Go ahead and head home, you've done enough. I can't thank you enough for everything." Andy smiled gently, pulling Addison into his chest, her arms wrapping around his waist in a hug. "Of course, that's what family does for each other. Call me tomorrow yeah?" Addison spoke, pulling away from his chest to see him nod, letting go of her waist, heading towards the room that Laurie was sleeping in, Addison had sat in there with her until she had fallen asleep, her hand locked tightly in her sisters. "Of course, have a good evening." Andy smiled, his heart faltering a little seeing her sit down, taking her phone out of her bag to call Tommy. Laurie and Andy had often spoke of Tommy's control over the girl, he was always by her side, and hardly ever let her out of his sight. It was odd, to be so insecure when your job requires you to exude confidence.

Tommy had a history that no one was aware of in Newton. He was known for his controlling ways, he was a master manipulator and was able to get women exactly where he wanted them. Addison was an easy target for him, the loss of her father making her that much more eager to have a man to respond to in her life. She was looking for someone to fill that roll, to protect her, even if she didn't realize she was slipping away from everyone she knew. He thrived on being the only one she had, a sickening controlling personality that dominated every other trait. He knew she would never leave, he had forced her mind to believe that he was the only one she needed. When everyone else left, he would be there. And he was, every time she was alone, Tommy was right there.

Addison was staring at her phone screen, Tommy's contact photo staring back at the girl, the bruises appearing on her wrists pulling her attention away from the photo. With a deep sigh she locked the device, standing up to pull the coat around her tightly, tying the fabric belt around her waist, cinching the tan peacoat. With quick movements, she was throwing her bag over her shoulder and walking out of the hospital, tears threatening to spill over. As she passed by crowds of people, she felt invisible, no one was paying any attention to the broken girl, whispers of her name was drawing her attention away from her somber thoughts, her heart rate picking up with each rumor. "Did you hear?" A woman spoke softly, her friends all intently listening. "Andy Barber is supposably cheating on his wife!" The lady smiled, leaning back in the seat of the outdoor café, her friends gasping at the news. "With who? Did you hear?" One of her friends asked. "They're saying his wife's sister, all men are the same. At least he was keeping it in the family."

Addison dropped her head, at the woman's eyes all turning to her, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Miss Scott! Oh my gosh you weren't-" The woman spoke, quickly standing up to grab a tissue for the young woman. "Don't, I don't need any fake kindness. And Andy didn't cheat on his wife." Addison spoke quietly, quickly walking off into the mass of people. The sun had shown for a mere hours today, before heavy gray clouds intruded the peaceful sky. It was really funny actually, how the environment seemed to know how she was feeling and set out the most perfect forecast for her. Heavy clouds, and droplets of rain matched her heavy heart and racing tears. She found herself wandering into the woods that were on the outskirts of town, Andy had shown her the area when he asked for her permission to marry her sister, and it soon became the place she turned to when things got too heavy. Memories of her life flooding back. Maybe she had tried to convince herself that she never wanted Andy, or maybe he was the one who got away, and the rumors were making it painfully obvious.

Flashback

"Andy where on God's green earth are you taking me?" Addison asked, looking out the window at the disappearing city before over at her sisters boyfriend. He was radiating nervousness, a lopsided smile gave that away. "Just relax, I'm not going to kidnap you." Andy laughed, reaching over with his right hand to shove his future sister-in-law's shoulder playfully, a laugh escaping her lips. "I wasn't concerned before, but now I am." Addison smiled, leaning back in the seat. It was a summer day in Newton, the sun was shining, a gentle breeze kept the hot temperature bearable. Laurie was out of town at a convention, Addison had just picked up the mid morning news slot, while Andy was starting to be a prominent name in the DA's office. The three of them were always together, Andy promising to keep an eye out for his girlfriends sister while she was out of town, and it gave him the perfect opportunity to ask.