ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽

Warnings: Mentions of blood, knives, violence, and reckless driving, read with caution 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Mariposa."

Addison felt her blood run cold, a shiver running up her spine as she looked at her friends, fear etched into their features as their eyes locked on the man towering behind her. Her heart pounding against her ribcage, the thump echoing in her ears as she tried to calm herself. "Don't make me say it again." Matthew's voice boomed in her head, tears rolling down her cheeks as she dropped her eyes to the ground, his hand moving to rest on her shoulder, bringing her eyes back up to her friends. "Run." She mouthed, seeing both of them focus on her words, quickly taking off, leaving the girl alone, despite the guilt they felt, their life was on the line. "Mariposa." Matthew's smooth voice spoke, his hand running down her arm, dipping underneath it so his rough skin was pressed against the wool of her sweater, the heat of his palm resting against the ink that was shielded just under the protection of her clothes. "Set her free." Addison whispered, looking over her shoulder at the man, seeing his Cheshire Cat smile. His smile alone, sent a new fear up her spine, the pang resting in her bones. "Come with me." He whispered, his face inches from her while she shook her head. "No." She replied calmly, flinching as his nails dug into her skin through he wool. "No?"

Leaves and dirt crunched below Leslie and Natalies feet as they rushed through the fields, deep breaths leaving their lips as they slowed down, turning to look back at the fair. "We can't just leave her!" Natalie cried out, inhaling the crisp air, leaving a burn deep within her lungs. "She told us to run!" Leslie spoke quickly, coughing at the amount of air she was taking in, tears rolling down her cheeks, the cold air freezing them against her skin, jolting when Natalie grabbed her wrist, cold fingers pressing into her flesh, forcing her to face Natalie. "Listen to me, that man back there just pressed a gun to my back hours ago, if we don't get back to her, who knows what will happen." Natalie rushed out, seeing Leslie's face pale, frantically searching her pockets for her phone. "What are you doing?" She asked, seeing Leslie pull the screen up, searching her contacts for Andy's number, having it from working in his office years ago. "Calling Andy." Leslie spoke, freezing as a shrill scream echoed through the seemingly quiet town, watching as people rushed out of the fair, scattering in different directions, gunshots following suit. "Addison!" They yelled, running back towards the fair.

Addison had two men holding her back as she watched Matthew pull his gun out, shooting the man who tried to pry his hand off of her, tears rolling down her cheeks, heading rolling back to avoid watching the man slump to the ground. It seemed in slow motion as he man hit the ground, the thud of him hitting the hard ground, the smell of gunpowder and blood filling her nostrils as she let out a choked sob, a memory that would never escape her. "See what happens when someone tells me no mariposa?" Matthew spoke, his forefinger and thumb pressing into her jaw, forcing her to look at him, eyes brimmed red from tears, hot breath meeting cold air creating a cloud in front of her. "He was quick, I'll make yours slow and painful, Barber will know you suffered." Matthew chuckled, watching her bottom lip quiver, another wail leaving her lips when the man gripped her jaw harder. "Say yes and the world is yours." Matthew spoke, running his thumb against the expanse of her bottom lip, her blue eyes looking up at him through hooded eyes. "No." She spoke weakly, the grip on her arms tightened while Matthew pulled out a knife, flipping it around before pressing it against the tattoo through the sweater, a scream leaving her lips as blood trickled down her ribcage, tainting her sweater.

Andy's phone rang, bringing him and Jacobs attention away from their computers, both of them flipping through news stations to see if they could find any report of their boss. "Leslie?" Andy asked, sliding his finger across the screen, placing the phone on speaker. "Leslie? You okay?" Andy asked, hearing her heavy breaths, presumably from them running. "No, he has Addison!" Leslie cried out, her voice shaky and rough. "Who?" Andy asked, his eyes locking on Jacobs who was packing up his stuff, ready to follow Andy wherever he was headed. "Matthew has Addison! We're trying to get to her, but he has people everywhere!" Leslie cried out, Natalie's sob echoing in his ears while he felt his heart stop. "Try to get to her, but be safe. He's a bad man." Andy spoke, hanging up the phone before looking at Jacobs. "If he hurts her I'm killing him." Andy spoke matter of factly, seeing the man nod. "We don't hurt woman." He replied, both of them rushing to Andy's car, taking off towards Newton.