ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Last Night

Tommy laid in bed, the golden glow of the lamp resting on the bedside table illuminating his sleeping girlfriend, who rested her head on his bare thigh, soft breathes leaving her lips as he typed away on his computer. He should feel guilty, looking down at the girl he's dedicated 5 years of his life to, when he was about to destroy her life. Yet he felt nothing other than excitement, with maybe a twinge of resentment, he couldn't tell if the small tug on his heart was due to the fact deep down part of him still loved Addison, but the rest desired her sister. The soft clicking of his keyboard echoed in the nearly silent room, the only other noise coming from the wind rustling the leaves of the trees. He leaned back against the headboard when he finished writing the email, his hand resting on the back of his girlfriends head while he read it back, tangling his fingers in her hair.

'To whomever it may reach,

I choose to stay anonymous, I do not want my name attached to this but I feel it's fair for people to know who they are trusting with running their DA's office and who's delivering the daily news reports. I work at the hospital where Mrs. Barber was in a coma. Mr. Barber and Miss Scott were there everyday, but they had managed to start a secret relationship by the looks of it. Mr. Baber and Miss Scott were very close, touchy, far too touchy for a sister and brother in law. Attached is a picture of them under the nurses station, Miss Scott had fallen asleep on Mr. Barber's lap, while he sat there very content. I just want Tommy to know.'

Tommy took a shaky breath, looking down at the girl who was completely innocent of what she was being accused of, but if people hated her then him and Laurie wouldn't look so bad, it would give both of them an out. "I'm so sorry." He whispered, pressing the send button before shutting the laptop, flipping off the light and setting into the sheets, drifting to sleep.

Present

Tommy's phone vibrated on the oak desk at work, his girlfriend's photo appearing amongst the screen while he packed up his bags. He wrapped his fingers around the device, sliding the arrow across the screen before placing the electronic between his shoulder and his ear. "Hi babygirl, I'm packing up right now, just have to put the time off in for the rest of the week and I'll be home." Tommy spoke, zipping up the backpack before standing up straight, heading over to the computer. "The funeral is in an hour, are you going to have enough time to get ready?" Addison asked, running her flat iron over her hair, the small sizzle echoing around the bathroom. "I'll have plenty of time, do you have my outfit picked out?" Tommy asked, clicking on Addison's name and extending her time off. "Yeah, it's laying on the bed for you. I'll see you soon?" Addison asked, setting down the flat iron to move some hair around, adding volume to the golden locks. "Yeah of course, I love you." Tommy spoke, catching the eye of his co-worker who waved him over. "Gotta go baby." Tommy spoke quickly, hanging up the phone before kicking the chair out, heading towards his co-worker. He knew it could've only been for one thing, the anonymous story he sent in last night.

"Have you seen this email? It's been sent to everyone in the station." Larry stated, shoving the phone towards Tommy, watching the auburn headed man read through the email. "Apparently everyone but the person who needed to read it." Tommy laughed dryly, handing the phone to back to the man, plastering a sad smile along his lips. "You okay man? I bet it's hard hearing that your girlfriend of five years is cheating on you through an anonymous email." Larry smiled sadly, placing his hand on Tommy's shoulder, squeezing it gently. "Especially when she's cheating on you with her brother in law." Larry sighed, watching Tommy drop his head, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Yeah, not easy man. Now I have to go sit through a funeral without questioning it." Tommy laughed, pulling away from his co worker, grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder, nodding towards the man before exiting the building, a proud smirk on his lips.