ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The world seemed to stop for Andy as soon as he heard those words, his body defying every motion in his mind to stay upright, collapsing into Addison's arms. He sought out comfort, his wife was still unconscious with no promise of waking up any time soon, his sister in law dropping her shifts to stay with the broken man, holding herself together enough for the both of them. Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, days felt like weeks. Newton had been unforgiving with its weather, maybe God himself was picking up the sorrow the two people in the hospital were feeling. It would humorous to think he would take pity on the family, what kind of God would take Andy's only son from him, his pride and joy. The pain left Andy feeling hopeless, resenting every moment he was away from his son as a youth, oh how he wished he had more time.

Addison had left the hospital for the first time that week, stopping by the Barber household to gather some clothes for her brother in law, before stopping by her own house for a quick shower. The rain was beating down on the roof of Andy's silver Audi, the droplet's blurring the road in front of her, not helping with the continuously falling tears that were breaking past the safety of her eyelids. Water splashed the sides of the car as she pulled up to the house, taking the key's out of the ignition when the engine stopped. Her body was frozen as sadness finally took over, allowing herself to feel all the emotions she's held in, she was being the strength for the two of them. The winter air surrounded her as she stepped out of the Audi, rain beating down on her body as she climbed the stairs to the townhouse she shared with Tommy, instantly soaking her clothes. With shaky hands, she pushed the key into the keyhole, the noise of the lock sounding and allowing her to open the door.

She had told Tommy she was coming home for a few minutes, to shower and change. He had gone the extra mile, preparing coffee for her and Andy as well as making sure the house smelled of her favorite scent, snickerdoodle and hot cocoa, when she arrived, to allow some sort of peace to overwhelm her senses. Tommy heard the faint click of the door shutting, getting up from his position on the couch to greet his girlfriend. "Hi baby." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, leaning forward to press a kiss to the back of her head. "Hi." She whispered weakly, her hands clasping around his arms, her head lolling back into the crevice right below his shoulder. "Are you home for the evening?" Tommy asked, his thumbs doing soft strokes on his girlfriends stomach, looking down at her with adoration, a silent plead that she would stay with him for one night this week. "No, I'm just here to shower. Andy needs me." She whispered, breaking out of his grasps to climb the stairs, her end point being the master bathroom.

Andy needs her. Tommy couldn't help but feel jealous, he knew he shouldn't, not with her sister in the hospital, and her nephew dead. But the human aspect of him threw resolve out the window, was she falling for Andy? Her sisters husband? It was sickening that his brain even went to that place, they were obviously hurting, so why was he so mad? His thoughts were broken at the wail of his girlfriend, a stab to his heart as he heard her screaming sobs, he would have to set his jealousy aside. Andy needs her, but she needs him. His body worked faster than his mind, bounding up the steps two at a time to see her sitting on the floor of the shower. The water was on the hottest setting, steam filling the bathroom making it hard to breathe. She had her knees pressed to her forehead as she let sobs fall freely from her lips, the heartbreaking wail coming from deep within her chest. "Baby, hey, I'm here." Tommy spoke quietly, seeing her tilt her head to match his gaze, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her normally crystal blue orbs were rimmed with red, her eyes bloodshot from the tears. "Hold me please." She begged, seeing him nod, stripping out of his clothes to slide in behind her. She instantly turned, straddling his lap with her arms locked around his neck, holding her as close to him as possible. "I'm here," He cooed, "and I'm not going anywhere."