ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Addison, Natalie, and Leslie sat in the cheap motel room, a half drank bottle of tequila sitting on the floor in the middle of them, knees touching each other as drunken giggles filled the room. Addison finally felt the weight of the world roll off her shoulders, palms pressing into the carpet leaving indentations on her palms, eyes bloodshot while she looked over at her friends, both of them having lopsided grins on their faces. "Soooo, the Andy Barber?" Natalie slurred, reaching forward to shove Addison's shoulder playfully, a loud laugh leaving Addison's lips while she threw her head back. "I've been in love with him for nearly two decades, if Laurie let him slip through her fingers..." Addison trailed off, wrapping her fingers around the bottle, popping the cork out of the top and taking a long drink, "Why shouldn't I have him? I wanted him first." Addison smiled, seeing Leslie leaning forward, taking the bottle from her hands. "That's enough alcohol, you're going to regret it tomorrow." Leslie chuckled, seeing both girls pout before Addison laid back on the ground, her eyes fluttering shut, a goofy smile on her lips as she slipped into the grasps of sleep.

"So, I'm opening up a club this coming week." Matthew explained, buttoning the middle button of his suit jacket while him and Andy walked down the hallways of the expansive warehouse. Andy's eyes trailed the rows of sawed off guns, the bricks of drugs neatly packed away to be distributed. "What kind of club?" Andy asked, rolling the watch around on his wrist while they stopped on the overhang, guards surrounding the two men while they awaited a car. "A gentlemen's club, but I want all the finances with the company we're buying the property from done under the table and wiped off county books." Matthew explained, a Cheshire Cat smile crossing his lips as Andy smirked, pulling his suit jacket down his body, the back flattening against his broad shoulders. "Shouldn't be a problem boss." Andy smiled, seeing Matthew nod. "You're about to see a whole other side of life Barber, are you ready for the deep dive?" Matthew chuckled, seeing Andy's blue eyes gloss over. "Couldn't be more ready." Andy responded, slipping into the back of the black Cadillac with the man.

The world suddenly expanded for Andy, he was no longer the clean cut District Attorney, no, he was involved on the opposite side of the law. He was broken, distraught, but if he was going to do anything in the world, it was going to be that Addison was taken care of, his mariposa as he would come to call her. His beautiful butterfly with a deadly attitude. She was his sole reason to survive right now, the reason he's leaping into this world, if he was hated, he may as well be loved by her, while providing them with everything he could. Even if that meant people would have to die for it. He didn't have time to work through the ranks properly, but he had a plan, and as soon as Matthew trusted him enough to leave the mob to his command, he would hatch it. He would sit at the top, and Laurie would crumble beneath his and his pretty girls foot.

"So Barber," Matthews voice rang out, pulling the man away from his thoughts, his blue eyes meeting the green of Matthews, "tell me about your girl." Matthews voice echoed around the car, turning to face the brunette. "She's beautiful, spent years tryna get her, my life fell apart at the same time as hers and now, she's all that's on my mind, has a heart of gold and a smile that'll light your world up." Andy smiled, looking down at his lap, "What about you, you got a girl?" Andy asked, the sound of fabric rubbing together filling the empty silence while he awaited Matthews answer. "No," Matthew sighed, leaning back fixing his jacket sleeves, "women are too precious to bring into this world, they're made of glass and easy to break. Plus it's too hard to settle down when you have women throwing themselves at you." Matthew chuckled, clapping his hand on the mans shoulder. "Never speak of her by her name, it'll keep her safe. So what are we going to call her?" Matthew asked, squeezing Andy's shoulder. "Mariposa."