ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Days started to feel like years while Addison grieved. The loss of her nephew made her lose a part of her soul. That's the weird part about grief, it washes over you in waves, and being the strength for her sister was proving to be exhausting. She would leave the house during the day to sit with Laurie while Andy worked, listening to Laurie cry about the loss of her son, the worrying of her marriage falling apart. "Andy hates me!" Laurie would cry, her head resting in Addison's lap as she stroked her hair gently, shaking her head. "Andy doesn't hate you Laures." Addison would reply, closing her eyes at the sound of her sisters wail, exhaustion and pain taking over ever vein Addison had. "He doesn't even say he loves me!" Laurie would then sob, gripping her sisters shoulders tightly. "He's grieving Laures, give him time. Your marriage will survive." Addison comforted. Little did she know, Laurie was purposely destroying her marriage, as well as her younger sister's relationship.

Sheets were tangled around Addison's body, Tommy's shirt resting loosely against her skin as the repetitive beeping of his alarm sounded, another day he was off to work, leaving her alone with her thoughts. She hadn't slept through the night since she returned from the hospital, her mind never seemed to slow, thoughts bounced around the interior of her skull like a ping pong match, a soft sigh leaving her lips while Tommy reached over her body, turning off the alarm. "Morning my love." He murmured, his right arm locked around her body while his left went to wipe the sleep from his eyes, before he leaned down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Morning." She muttered out, her head rested on his chest. "Did you sleep?" Tommy asked, sliding up the mattress so his back was pressed against the wood of their headboard, her head resting on his bare thighs. "No."

Tommy let out a soft sigh, leaning his head back against the wood while he adjusted to the dark room, 3 am shifts were never easy, especially when being on constant alert. He was growing impatient with playing the good boyfriend role, pretending that he cared about the girl in his laps feelings. His mind was constantly on Laurie, how she was doing, how she was feeling. "I'm extending your days off today, stay home I'll bring breakfast later yeah? When is the funeral?" Tommy spoke gently, tangling his fingers in his girlfriends hair, a small sniffle echoing in the room. "Tomorrow." She replied, reaching out absentmindedly for his hand, searching for even the smallest bit of comfort. Tommy knew he was being distant, he didn't mean to be, it's just hard to put up an act, when you want that act to crumble. "Rest up today alright? Take as much time off as you need." Tommy whispered, taking her hand gently, squeezing it.

Addison knew something was off, Tommy wasn't himself around her. He wasn't the man she had fallen in love with. He was being secretive, staying out late at night when he was off at 3, phone calls in the mornings that were hushed. She knew something was not right, but with the heaviness of her heart, and enough pain to last a lifetime, she had no desire to go searching for her answers. She just watched as he started to slip away, disappearing into a shell of the man he once was to her. The only gentleness she got from him was in the mornings after he knew she had not slept throughout the night. Maybe it was guilt for what he was also doing to her, or maybe he just pitied her. She watched on hopelessly as he moved around the room, pulling on his clothes before walking over to the bed, kneeling down so he could be eye level with the grieving girl. "Try and get some rest my love." Tommy whispered, pulling the comforter up to her chin, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I love you." Addison whispered, seeing him smile gently, trailing his thumb down her cheek. "I know." Tommy replied, before slipping into the darkness of the house, leaving her alone once again.

"I have a convention to go to this weekend." Laurie spoke, leaning against the counter as Andy moved around kitchen, preparing his coffee while reading the local paper. "Really? Right now?" Andy asked, turning around to face his wife, cocking an eyebrow. "It's the yearly childhood development convention, it's important that I attend, even if things are a little hectic." Laurie explained, reaching up to cup Andy's cheek, sighing as he physically pulled back. "A little hectic?" Andy asked, moving around her to gather his items, pulling his dark blue blazer over his shoulders, a sigh leaving his lips. How could she refer to the death of their son as anything other than a tragedy, a tragedy that she caused. Okay, maybe that was a little harsh of a thought, but his pain was thinking, not his head. "You know that's not what I meant." Laurie sighed, looking up at her husband with sad eyes, his face softening as he leaned down to press a kiss to her lips. "I'll see you later okay?" Andy whispered, while Laurie nodded, watching him disappear out the door.