ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Rain beat down on the car, thunder rumbling the silence inside as everyone was processing what they just did, lightening lit up the sky above them while Andy drove the 5 hours to a cabin on the outskirts of Albany New York. Rain turned to snow in the middle of the night, hitting the windshield with a plop as Addison stared blankly out the window, Andy's coat pulled up to her chin while she watched the passing trees, heavy eyelids falling shut to try and drown out the voice inside her head reminding her of what happened. "I'm gonna take Jacobs to go get some clothes for all of us." Andy spoke, feeling all eyes shift towards him, Addison squeezing his hand in acknowledgment. "I love you." Addison mumbled as they pulled up to the cabin, using her phone to unlock the door. "I love you more, there's a sweatshirt in the back, make some tea and start a fire to get warm." Andy told her, trailing his thumb down her face gently, her blue eyes meeting his, thumb swiping amongst her bottom lip when she pouted. "I will." She whispered, climbing out of the car to gather the sweatshirt.

Mia smiled softly watching Andy and Addison's sweet exchange, for the past 5 hours she had been monitoring the girl, seeing her get lost in her own thoughts. Mia knew the game, although never being directly involved, she saw Jacobs turn into a different man, the soft man she knew when they started dating had been jaded by his job, only reserving the softness for her in the privacy of their own home, and now around the man he had quickly named his best friend. She knew Addison was cracking on the inside, the sound of Matthew's body hitting the floor had sent a shiver up the EMT's spine, goosebumps prickling her skin while Addison's face paled in front of her, blinking quickly to fight back the tears. Mia knew she needed to get through to Addison, if she wasn't going to show weakness to Andy, she needed to let Addison know that she could show weakness to her. "Baby, there's a few blankets in the duffle bag, take that in and get comfortable until we get back." Jacobs murmured, pressing his lips to Mia's quickly before climbing into the passenger seat, Mia climbing out to see Addison offer a sheepish smile, sticking her hand out. Interlocking their fingers to step through the rising snow in heels, the two girls made their way to the cabin that they'd be calling home for the next few days.

Snow started falling faster as the girls trudged through the storm, wind swirling around them as they reached the porch, Addison's left hand wrapping around the metal knob that had felt freezing against her touch, pushing the giant oak door open so they could quickly step in, shutting it behind them and locking the door, "You start a fire, I make tea?" Mia asked, dropping the duffel bag as Addison pulled Andy's sweatshirt over her head, nodding. "Sounds like a plan." Addison smiled, departing from where they stood in the darkened foyer, flipping on lights as she approached the living room. The cabin was beautifully decorated, a huge couch filled the majority of the room, giant floor to ceiling windows covered the west side of the cabin, a view of the ski resort it rested above, and a giant fireplace against the main wall. She let out a shaky breath, rolling her neck around before walking over to the wood, starting to build a fire.

Minutes later, Mia appeared in the living room, two mugs of tea in her hands as she descended the two steps into the lowered living room, setting them on the coffee table before going to get the duffle bag, pulling the blankets out so Addison and herself could wrap them around themselves, the chill ever present in the once empty cabin. The two dropped onto the sofa, blankets wrapped tightly around themselves and mugs pressed against their palms, warming their hands. "You okay?" Mia asked, seeing Addison still as she looked over at the girl, pursing her lip before dropping her eyes. "Yeah, never better." Addison lied, knowing that someone who had dealt with this before could see right through her act. In fact, anyone could probably, she acted tough, like she was invincible. But in reality, she was lost, scared, the only identity she knew was laced through Andy. "How'd you get used to it?" Addison whispered, finally looking up at Mia through tear blurred eyes.