Chapter 3: reborn

"Oh her eyes? They changed color to purple?" I could hear Caius speak as I held Lilian.

"Yes Caius. Any Gehnan child with magic isn't born with a set eye color they constantly change." I told him

"But yours are usually red aren't they?"

"Caius I'm one of the strongest magic users on the planet you think I can't control the color of my eyes?" I jokingly sounded annoyed with him

In truth the main factor for eye color changing was emotions.

I remembered when we first met my eyes were pitch black and emotionless then the look of surprise on his face when he saw they were red two days later when we began surrender negotiations.

"So then golden means..."

"What do you think silly. Our daughter is here and healthy... I'm relieved but I'm also so happy I can hardly contain my joy." I responded

"Oh her eyes are red now."

"WAAAAAAAAAAH" with that Lilian began to cry. So hers were tied to emotions as well perhaps

"There there Lilian. Mommy and Daddy are here." I began to rock my newborn daughter

"We love you so much" Caius added and I couldn't agree more.

If only you could have seen this Excella. I'm sure you'd have loved it too.

*******************

The darkness finally gave way to light and a cold air suddenly hit my skin

I suppose I was born now but where?

I opened my eyes to look around but everything was blurry I couldn't see very well.

Ah well my eyes were still adjusting I suppose

"———" a voice was talking but I couldn't tell what they were saying. But I could assume this sounded like a man I suppose it was a butler or something

"— — —illy" another voice that sounded like a woman spoke up. Still distant but I could almost make out what she was saying.

I wanted to ask many questions but first I needed to know who these people were so I decided to try and ask.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I cried out

...oh right I'm a baby I guess I can't talk. Well this is going to make  things awkward. I'm in this tiny body and I can't see very well and can barely hear... this is going to be a difficult life isn't it.

God why must you do this to me. If I'm truly a wicked monster just cast me into hell already must I really suffer another painful life?

"There there Lilian Mommy and Daddy are here." The female voice spoke

Wait I could hear them. It was still distant but I could at least understand what she was saying.

Mommy and Daddy? I had parents this time? Would I be a normal person this time?

"We love you so much." The man spoke.
So that man was my father?

Mom... Dad... i could feel tears welling up in my eyes and began to cry for real

"There there little one. It's all ok" I heard the wo- mother speak

I had so many emotions running through my head and I didn't know how to deal with it.

Any family I had in my previous life died when I was little and I blocked the events from my mind. The ruler of Gehna at that time found me but he only raised me to be a weapon. He didn't abuse me but he didn't see me as anything more than a powerful magic user.

The only ones that treated me like a person were Lucian and Lisia and even then Lucians relationship was truly professional.

Oh Lisia why... what did I do that led you to betray me? Was I truly some wretched monster I don't know anymore but mark my words Lisia... one day I'd find you and I'd get my answers.

"-re my sunshine my only sunshine." I finally realized the... mother was singing to me.

Well for all I know hundreds of years could have passed. I'll try not to worry about Lisia or the hero. My parents seem to love me so I dark witch Excella vow to keep you safe Mama and Papa.

...I suppose becoming a baby has altered my mind somewhat.

*hours passed*

"My lady I think it's best you sleep in the medical wing for the night" a voice sounding like a young woman spoke. I guess she's a nurse or doctor

But my lady? I guess my parents have some power. Well I suppose it will make information gathering easier.

"Yes I suppose you're right. Caius ——-" mother's voice started to fade out

"Yes my dear. If you need anything let me know. You and Lilian are my world now." My fathers voice responded

So my dad was named Caius. Kind of a cool name actually I like it. I wonder what mothers name was... well baby steps Excella I've got an entire life ahead of me.

Well I suppose it's not Excella anymore. What did dad say my name was. Lilian I think?

It was a nice name...

Maybe just maybe I could live a happy life this time.

Oh man I was getting tired

"Oh! looks like someone's getting sleepy." My mother's voice spoke.

Everything still sounded muffled but her voice was a comforting one I could tell she truly loved dad and even me.

Now that I was born I would no longer be alone with my thoughts. I'd eat sleep and live my new life as Lilian.

I hadn't even thought about finding Lisia, the hero, or anyone. The last thought on my mind before I drifted off was

'I love you mom and dad.'

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the chapter hope you enjoyed.

I've got the keynotes for the next few chapters figured out but I haven't decided if I want this to be a really long story or a short one that ends shortly after Lilian realizes who her mother and father are (and if you're expecting this is gonna be a revenge story well no it's not revenge stories suck 90% of the time)