Chapter 24: fall of the mad king

The battlefield was filled with both sounds of awe and screams of terror. On one hand the kings of both Erebos and Gehna were locked in a fierce battle while on the other hand the third blade of Erebos, a large and muscular man that towered over the rest of the battlefield, had his head separated from his body in an instant and no one knew how.

Well that's not entirely true. Those than knew Queen Lisia was a master of space magic and was not to be trifled with.

But that was not the only major clash taking place here.

***********************Charlene***

The second blade sliced at me again and again with her whip sword but unfortunately she was unable to land any significant blows as I danced around throwing out wires. I knew her weapon would beat mine in a head on fight and her strength likely surpassed mine but...

She wasn't exactly the brightest of the bunch.

Her attacks held power yes but they lacked creativity just swinging around her weapon like you would any other blade. The force left small craters in the ground but ultimately she was just so boring. I must admit I was quite disappointed.

"What's wrong? I thought you were supposed to be one of the best killers on the continent. But here you are unable to do anything but dodge." The woman taunted me

Maybe I should feel irked but honestly even without having to protect Lily she was nowhere near as dangerous as Commander Graham. I was just unamused at the whole situation.

"Sorry dear I just find it hard to stay awake out of the sheer boredom you provide. Maybe put some more effort into your attacks and I'll try harder."

"SHUT UP!" She began to rapidly spin her whip sword before performing a thrusting motion causing the blade to act like a really long spear. I mostly dodged but she did scratch my left leg a little bit.

"Ready to take me seriously?" She replied cockily as she began to spin her blade in a flashy manner.

"Very well then. But I should be honest you're much too old for me disciple." My face then turned serious
"So don't complain when I kill you."

She rushed at me full force using her blade and the strength of her body.

I parried her weapon with my dagger while slashing her across the chest with my wires but sneakily wrapping one around her.

More blows dodged and parried more wires I trapped her in.

Ankles, thighs, arms, wrists, neck.

Then she managed to catch me off guard delivering a quick punch to my face knocking me over.

But it was too little too late.

She stood over me preparing to deliver a killing blow until I tightened the wires stopping her in her tracks.

I got back on my feet and brushed myself off as she tried to fight the grip my wires had but all it did was cut into her flesh more and in some spots bend her armor. Then I made her move her limbs. Enough to make her realize she was no longer in control.

 Enough to make her realize she was no longer in control