Chapter 42: warped away.

No time for an intro let's go.

Just another month and they'd be here. My younger sibling... funny I feel more nervous now than I think I have before.

"Something wrong my Lady" Charlene said as she appeared out of nowhere, as usual.

"Just nervous Charlene. I don't know why. Ur I feel like something bad is going to happen today... I just can't shake the feeling." I confessed to her.

"Well... I won't tell you everything is going to be fine but just keep your eyes peeled and stay alert." She responded

It may not be the most comforting but I appreciated the honesty

I'd need to stay alert for whatever was going to happen today and make sure nothing goes wrong today.

***********

"Admiral you wanted to see me?" I asked entering the bridge of the Noah.

"Yes Kate. I wanted to inform you that we'll be providing the return order in 2 hours. With the exception of the scouts that have managed to live among the Avosians they'll be coming back."

"Ok sir... but you do know Klaus has already found a life and is raising a kid. I'm not sure we can bring him home yet."

"I wasn't talking about Klaus... I wanted to let you know that your contact Twilis is registered in our return order."

"Are you sure that's a good idea Admiral?" Something about taking an alien away from their home just seems like asking for trouble.

"We don't have the time to question Morality. This is humanities last chance. With luck we may be able to use them as an ambassador on this planet but if things don't go well... at least we may be able to learn about their anatomy and physiology."

"Well that's... grim."

"Yes well it'll be up to you to communicate with them Kate." He finished

...

"Very well. I'll be in my room until the return order is given. Take care Admiral." I gave a quick bow before leaving

At this point the artificial gravity was lowered to almost nonexistent in the hallways so I floated down the metallic halls muttering under my breath

"Do everything... find the signal... establish contact... now I gotta meet with em." I grumbled for a while getting concerned looks from the 2 other people I passed

The Noah was growing Quiet with most of us now in stasis there were maybe 300 people still up to help minimize how many resources were used.

We were still around a year out from Reaching Avos. If we were lucky we could make it in 10 months. If we weren't it could be around 22 months. If we were really unlucky we'd miss Avos entirely and die.

"And of course if anything goes wrong I get the blame for all of this!" I yelled out for a moment before entering my room.

I knew things were going to get hectic once the return order was given so I strapped myself to my bed and laid down to get what little rest I could.

****************

"Her Charlene any idea with Lilian seems so on edge today?" I asked her as we were taking a break from my training session

"Well Sophie the princess seems to have had a premonition that something bad will happen soon

Well hopefully that's just a bad dream but knowing Lily... I better keep watch.

Suddenly a strange ringing noise sounded throughout the area.

"Well there's the premonition. Sophie stay with the princess I'll go protect her Majesty." Charlene said before taking off.

I scanned the area to find Lily and quickly made my way to her

After a few seconds I saw her hand clenching her head muttering something

"Princess. Are you ok?"

"I... I'm alright Sophie but what's going on?"

"I'm not sure princess we should go find your parents." I told her and she nodded in agreement.

But suddenly a strange blue pillar of light burst into the sky. Then another flashed but faded a moment later.

The first one however seemed to grow in intensity and it was coming from part of the castle.

Wait wasn't that in Lily's room?

"NO!" Lily yelled before running off in that direction

This wasn't good

"Lily wait!" I yelled before chasing after her.

Normally I could catch up with her no problem but for some reason I just couldn't match pace today. Was I that exhausted from training?

I followed her throughout the castle as she made her way to her room.

I saw her turn to enter the room and was about to enter with her but suddenly

*FLASH* a blinding light erupted and I could see my skeleton even with my eyelids closed.

Suddenly it all went quiet.

"Lilian? Lilian are you there?" As still gone from the flash.

"Lily if you're there answer me. Lily?"

But nothing

I blinked again and again and slowly walked around until I hit the bed.

After another minute my eyesight became to return and I looked around to see two little stuffed animals lying on her night stand with a note.

'To my little brother or Sister'

Ok but I looked around the room everyone but I couldn't find her.

Lily was gone.

Aaaaaaaaaand that's the chapter hope you enjoyed.

I just want to say I'm sorry it took so long. First my app stopped working then my phone stopped working and I had exams to deal with. Apologies for the lack of updates and I can't really promise they'll be more frequent for a while but I'll try my best.

Until next time