Chapter 40: proposal (end of side story)

As time went in we grew closer. Our friendly dates became something deeper.

Over the year I knew Caius I saw him not only as a brave hero but tactical and considerate. His jokes admittedly fell flat for me but his company was nice to be around. Not to mention he was handsome. As time went on I realized I had feelings I could no longer deny.

I loved him. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

******

If Kate could see me now she'd never let me hear the end of it. There was no hiding it I was in love with Lisia.

I'll admit it wasn't the smoothest of starts. While I never considered Lisia to be some stereotypical Ice Queen she was often very reserved in expressing herself moreso taking the stoic leader role.

Our first date was a bit of a mess cooking for each other. I definitely found myself lacking meanwhile Lisia had a natural talent even for recipes she'd only seen once. She had a sharp wit as well. Able to effortlessly crank out a joke and leave me in stitches and always find a way to lighten the mood.

Some would define beauty of a girl by looking almost like a porcelain doll. While I don't think there's anything wrong with that I wouldn't say it fit Lisia.

Sure she had surprisingly smooth and pale skin but she held a decent bit of musculature fitting of someone that spent years on the battlefield. Even though she specialized in magic.

She had long beautiful ivory hair that fit perfectly with her face. To many she'd look like an attractive and slightly muscular earth woman just with long hair. The only difference were her color changing eyes which had their own charm to me personally.

I knew soon after our first date.

I loved Lisia both body and Soul. I wanted to marry her.

I looked down at the little box in my hand. The custom made ring inside.

I hope she likes it.

**********

"So Caius... what do you think of the view?" I asked him looking out over the city and rebuilt countryside of Gehna. Or the city now with lanterns to light up the night. Things weren't perfect but there was a feeling of hope and happiness from Gehna I hadn't felt since I was a child. We were healing. So maybe I should finally confess to him.

"It's beautiful Lisia. Gehna may have a bright future yet... anyways Lisia I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh what a coincidence I did as well." I told him

I saw a slightly surprised look on his face but he quickly blinked and said "very well then you go first."

Alright here we go.

I closed my eyes

"Caius... I love you. I Lisia Gehna love you Caius Alans and would like to spend the rest of my life with you. Do you accept my confession?" I recited the Gehnan confession to the best of my abilities before opening my eyes to see him.

"I see so that's how they do it on this world." He said to himself

I felt strangely nervous and ended up blurting out "do you accept Caius?!?"

I botched it didn't I.

I saw him smile and appear to suppress a chuckle.

"Yes Lisia I accept... however, I'd like to follow my worlds tradition for a proposal as well." He spoke then I saw him get down on one knee. Opening a tiny box with a small metal ring inside.

*****

"Lisia Gehna. I love you. I would love to spend every day for the rest of my life with you. Would you make me, Caius Alans, the happiest man in Gehna and marry me?" I asked her the question even though she already did her worlds proposal. I don't know it just felt right to do mine as well.