Chapter 48: new life

"Well Simon as I was saying just because her name is Lilian does not mean those were her favorite flowers. I still think we should've gone with a chrysanthemum." I said to my older brother.

We hadn't been to the castle since the incident but I had a gut feeling telling me that I needed to visit today.

Simon gave me a look that said "so why did you bring me along"

"Because I can." I said to him while smirking

"Cmon Natalie run faster!" I heard Sophie yell as the two girls zoomed past us in a hurry.

Without a word Simon took off following them and I followed. Thanks to us being more athletic than most we caught up pretty quickly.

"Hey Sophie why are we running?"

"Wha? Francesca when did you get here?"

"Just a minute ago."

"Ah. Anyways I gotta see the king ASAP that's why we're running."

I just nodded and kept running with her. A few second later we reached our destination. The kings office.

"Your majesty it's Sophie. I need to talk to you!" She said in a manner far more casually than any maid would normally address royalty. It made me think of those rumors that she was secretly the king and queens first child but they had her out of wedlock while the war with Lux and Gehna was ongoing.

Personally I'm not sure I completely bought info that rumor though there's no question she's more than just a maid/retainer.

"Come in." He replied in a tone that said he wasn't really in it right now.

Simon went and opened the door for the 3 of us. I looked to see the king at his desk with tons of books open. He was researching something.

"Oh I see you brought Natalie and the twins with you. Is there something you kids needed." I could hear his tone of voice trying to be nice but he was clearly not in the mood.

"Well yes your majesty but you should probably take a look at these first." I replied to him. Before letting Natalie and Sophie present whatever it was they were running about.

"Well... we found some stuff while checking out the princess' room. We found something you may be interested in your majesty." I heard Natalie say. Still nervous but she'd become a lot better than the stuttering mess she used to be.

She brought the chart up to him and Sophie dropped a box on his desk.

He didn't seem all too surprised by the chart but that box caught his attention.

He was tapping on it in a sequence like it was a combination. But I noticed what was on the chart Natalie brought. Letters

I began reading the chart and realized this was a translator between Gehnan script and some other language I wasn't familiar with. Whatever it was seemed important though so I chose to analyze in order to commit the information to memory.

Then the king finished doing something to the weird box because a screen of blue light flashed up before him... wait these letters.

I actively grabbed the chart and began looking back and forth between the chart and the words on the screen.

"They're the same..." I muttered to myself.

Then I saw the words on the screen and began figuring out what they meant.

LINKED UNITS - CONFIRMED
LOCATION - NOAH
ID - TWILIS.

Wait a second Twilis was Lilian's middle name... no way.