Chapter 10: Rest in Peace (End of act 1)

A month passed in the blink of an eye. I did what I could to help out Sophie by keeping the room clean and tidy. It was slow going but I was managing to build up my stamina a big both physically and with magic.

When mom finally recovered enough we made an announcement that we would be leaving to our family vacation home, I didn't know we had one to be honest. However mother and father would continue to perform their duties they would just use rift magic.

It was known throughout the castle that I awakened my magic by this point and this trip was to help me improve in peace.

There would only be 7 people at the home including myself, my parents, Sophie, Charlene, and the maid and butler that worked to maintain the home.

I'm surprised there are only two employees working there. I can't help but wonder what kind of home it is since the previous king was all about extravagance and showing off.

Though apparently instead of simply warping there we were going to take a family carriage though it would only be a few hours ride.

The time came for us to leave and we said our farewells to the people of the castle.

An hour passed

Or at least that's what it felt like. Eventually we came to a stop but it wasn't where I expected. Instead we arrived at what appeared to be a graveyard. That's when I realized this was where the rulers of Gehna were buried.

We were going to pay someone respects but I'm not sure who. Maybe king Laius? He wasn't exactly the nicest ruler but he kept his people fed and he did take me in even if it was simply as a weapon. He was technically related to Mother as her Great Grandfather and his Grandfather were the same.

As we walked in I saw the names of the many graves of the previous kings and queens as well as a few infants gravestones.

Usually having royal blood did not mean you would be buried here as it was reserved only for the rulers of Gehna but there was also a deeply held belief that all children who died young should be buried alongside there parents so that they may be together in heaven after being separated at such a young age.

As we approached the grave I read the stone for King Laius.

Laius Abelard Gehna: The wise warrior king.
487-553

I approached his stone and offered a silent prayer as thanks for taking me in when I was Excella. I know I was just a weapon to him but it's thanks to him I didn't starve to death on street.

"Thank you for looking after me King Laius."
I finished my prayer

"Lilian dear. I think there's someone else you'd like to see." Mother spoke up diverting my attention to the next stone.

I don't know who it could be the only ruler after king Laius was his bastard of a son and the reason Gehna was in such a sorry state near the end.

When I read what was on the stone I was shocked.

It wasn't the last king it was... Excella

Excella Magi Gehna: the mage Queen
543-562

"We were planning on showing you this when you were older but given the circumstances we figured you deserved to know as soon as possible." Father spoke up but I was at a loss for any words. My consciousness faded as I fell asleep by my own grave.

*********************************

I was inside a void of nothingness. Floating but standing all the same. I don't think I died but I have no clue where I am.