Chapter 36: How I met your mother

It's been a few days since the celebration ended and in general a while since I last sat down and thought about everything that's happened. Almost Nine years ago I was living my life as Dark Witch Excella the strongest magic user in Gehna... but now here I was princess of Gehna and daughter of the very people that killed me... what a mess.

I simply chose to lay down and explore the depths of my mind. It's been a while since I talked with Excella.

I closed my eyes in the real world to open them in my mind seeing a little house in the chaotic world.

I opened the door to reveal a dropoff into the depths of my mind and jumped on in.

*************

"Oh hello Lilian

"Oh hello Lilian. How are you doing?" I heard my old voice say to me.

"Hi Excella. I'm doing well how about you?"

"Well you should already know the answer to that dear. We are the same person afterall."

"Fair enough."

We both sat there in silence backs against one another for what felt like minutes.

"Honestly Lily... I wish my memories had been completely wiped. Then we'd have had a clean slate to start this life but instead my resentment kept them intact... and you... well I'm sorry you had to suffer because I was a stubborn woman." I heard her confess.

"Well don't worry about it Excella. As you said we're the same person. You just chose to section most of your knowledge and experiences off so I'd get a chance to grow up normally." I began.

In truth it was around the point when I visited my own grave some time after saying farewell I segmented a part of my soul so to speak. While I didn't forget I was once Excella I more or less chose to stop living as a dead woman. I was Lilian now so I decided I'd start fresh or as fresh as one could.

"Excella... I'm glad we're the same person. Sure it made things painful with mom and dad but... well I'm glad we were able to confront the issue head on and move past that now I've grown much closer with Mom than in my previous life and I... we have been able to form new bonds with Dad, Sophie, Charlene, Uren, and Natalie. Plus if we're lucky we'll be a big sister sooner or later." I paused to take a mental breath

"Not just them though... we've made so many great friends. Escher, Fran, Lyric, Simon, even Tia has become close to us."

"So what I'm saying is... it's ok Excella. I know we'll never forget what's happened in the past but it's ok to forgive and move on." I finished and saw what looked like tears coming out of Excellas eyes.

Even if this took place inside my mind I chose to give her a hug. I wanted her to know it was ok to cry. I wanted a fresh start but I wouldn't push her out and I wouldn't deny her existence.

After what felt like minutes we broke off from the hug.

"Ya know Lily. There's always something I've wanted to ask Caius and Lisia..."
********************************