Chapter 17: sleepwalking

Oh... the voices stopped but... something is giving off that light.

I continued forward pushing bushes and branches out of my way

I finally reached the point of interest to see... a small box?

I reached out to touch it only for the glow it was giving off to fade as I picked it up. I suppose it was broken.

Suddenly the voices started back up but this one I understood.

"Princess you need to wake up."

Wake up? Was I in a dream?

The world started warping and twisting around me.

Yep definitely a dream.

Well time to wake up.

I began to open my eyes...

...

I felt cold and wet. Was it raining?

I began to awaken to see two blurry figures. I suppose the medicine wore off.

I quickly recognized one of them as Sophie but the other I didn't recognize.

"*yawn* good morning Sophie." I replied sleepily

"Ah princess it's the middle of the night."

Oh...

"Sophie who's the guy with you?"

"Apologies my princess. I am Uren. The knight you selected."

"Huh... oh yeah from the Emperor... please just call me Lily I don't need to be called princess."

******************

Lily was sleepwalking for the first time in a while. I decided it would be best to follow her instead of trying to wake her given that you're not supposed to wake a sleepwalker.

She left her room and entered the castle hallways so I followed right behind her. She was wearing a white sleeping gown.

"Where is the princess going." A knight suddenly joined me following Lily.

"Oh she's sleepwalking so I'm making sure she doesn't get into a dangerous situation."

"Why not just wake her?"

"Never wake a sleep walker."

...

After the little exchange I realized the knight was coming with us so I decided to ask him another question.

"So sir knight who are you anyways?" I asked

"I am Uren. A personal knight appointed to the princess by the emperor of Lux." He spoke in a somewhat robotic tone as if he rehearsed it multiple times

"Well nice to meet you sir Uren"

"May I ask who you are young lady?" Uren eventually replied.