Chapter 7

Your parents worried and patted your back as you tried to calm down the coughing.

After calming your breath you stared up at Nezu.
Your mother did the same and slowly pushed away your tea cup.

<________________x♡x_________________>

You sat in the living room finishing up your homework. After informing the kindergarten about your quirk, it was decided that you would be homeschooled so that you could expand your knowlegde instead of standing on a standstill in the kindergarten. It had been a year since you were there and did not miss the place at all.

You looked at your clock that your parents had bought you and walked out the door. The weather was nice and the sun was shining through the city.

'It should be about time' you thought as you walked towards a local playground. You were careful as to not get seen and looked around the place. You checked the time once more and stared ahead at the scene in front of you.

You were hidden as bakugou and his minions walked out of the playground and out of sight. You walked slowly out of your hiding spot and towards the broccoli laying on the ground.

The sun was bright and blinded the green haired boy. The only thing he saw was a figure looming over him. His attention changed quickly as he saw a hand reaching infront of him. The hand stood and waited for him to take it.

"C'mon you can't be here laying on the ground the whole day, can you?" You said waiting for him to take action.

The boy slowly took your hand and was helped up on his feet. He looked at you as that the sun wasn't blinding his vision anymore.

A moments of realization struck him as he remember you as the kid with bandages.

"You alright?" You asked as you let go of his hand.

He gave shy nod and replied with a small "yeah".

"Hey, do you wanna hang out?" You said as you wanted to cheer him up after what he'd been through.

It seemed that his gloomy look washed away as his eyes sparkled and a big smile appeard.

"Yeah!"

<________________x♡x__________________>

Walking along the sidewalk you searched your pocket. "Uhm, w-whats your name?" The broccoli boy asked beside you. "Y/n, what about you broccoli boy?" Blush covered the boys face at the nickname you gave him.
"M-midoriya Izuku" He answered after he reclaimed himself.

The two of you arrived at an ice cream truck. Midoriyas eyes gleamed in excitetment but it quickly died down as he realises that he didnt have any money.

You took your hand out of your pocket and showed him the money laying in your palm. His excitement returned and looked up to you with sparkling eyes. You had a small smile on your face as you walked up to the shopping window of the truck.

You ringed the bell placed on the counter and ordered your favorite icecream. "Izu, whatchu want?" The boy was suprised by your question as he thought you were buying for yourself.
"M-mango please" He spoke at a low voice but loud enough for you to hear him.

You sat at a bench with the boy, as he stared at his icecream. The bench was located by a beach so that people could get the beatiful view of the ocean, but the beach was littered of trash blocking the sight.

"Your icecream is going melt if you dont eat it."
You said as you ate your own cold treat.

"I- i dont have any money to repay you." He mumbled looking up from his icecream.

"Pff, its on me. I don't expect you to repay me, just appreciate it." You gave him a big smile, hoping you could cheer the boy up.

It worked as he happily took a spoonfull of his ice cream. After you both were done you decided to just chill at the beach.

"Y-y/n?" His small voice said hesitently.
"Yeah?" You answered with your chill persona, already used to Midoriya's shy personality.

[Midoriya wonders about your bandages]

He was quiet and seemed to not have the courage to ask such a personal question.

"C'mon, you can ask me" you assured him.
I nodded and swallowed the lump gathering in his throat.

"Why do y-you need to wear bandages?" He asked curious of the answer.
"Because i was injured" you simply answered.

[Midoriya wonders how you got injured]

'Time to mess with his little brain i guess'.
"This is what happens when people think youre quirkless" you said as you pointed at your injury.
His face turned pale and it seemed his breath stopped.

You sighed and pat his shoulder.
"Im kidding! I really didn't think you'd belive that" You laughed and smiled remembering this was the first time you had laughed genuine in years.

He smiled nervously and tried to calm himself down.

"I was born with these injuries, i'll probably get scars too." You said looking at the trash covered beach.

"But heroes with scars look really cool tho!" He said bouncing in excitment.

"Is that so?"

"Do you want to be a hero Midoriya?"

His excitment vanished and he looked sadly at his lap. You patiently wanted for his response. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Small tears formed in his eyes as he silently sat on the bench.

You wrapped your arms around him and patted his back. He held you back and his tears slowly fell down his face. Despite only knowing you for a day, he had started to trust you and felt safe around your presence.

"Its okay, you can become a hero if you want."

Thats all that he wanted to hear.
Your simple words struck a core inside him as his crying increased.

After some time he straighten himself up and looked at you while wiping away his tears and snifling a little as now that he had finished crying. His eyes were puffy and looked tired from a long day. You jumped off the bench and streched your back. His eyes followed your movements as he slowly jumped of the bench as well.

You gave him a warm grin as you took his hand.

"Time to get you home, yeah?"

He nodded and hand in hand the two of you walked towards his apartment.

[Midoriya will remember this day]

<________________x♡x________________>