Chapter 15

You were currently at Carlos' 'invention cave' as he liked to call it. It was a pretty big shack a little futher out of the city that he used to make all his products and inventions. You had worked with him several times and he helped you greatly with your main project. You offered to pay him for his efforts but the only reply you got was a chuckle and a 'No need kid' each time.

'Kid' it was the nickname he used for you instead of calling you 'number 4'. You dont know why he called you that, but you didnt really mind. You had developed a strange father son relationship with the man over time despite now having a father of your own. You were greatfull for both considering you didnt have anything near that in your previous life.

"You ready kid?"

"Yeah, start the engine"

<________________x♡x_______________>

You and Carlos stood on each side of the machine while having a control panel each.

"Is the camera running?" You asked as you got everything ready for the experiment.

"Yes"

"Shouldn't you wear your mask for this, old man?"
Carlos never wore his mask around you. For some reason he trusted you enough to show his face, despite you still wearing yours.

"Nah, dont worry about me"

"Okay, whatever you say. Test: 231 start"

Carlos pushed a lever and the sound of the machine starting could be heard.

The energy sources glowed with light and small sparks could be seen covering the machine.
After some time the sparks became stronger and now looked like lightning strikes covering the invention.

As the lightning grew a gusts of wind flew through the room. Your paperwork were blown away and and other objects were pushed around the room from the force.
You couldn't really care less as you stood in a more secured footing and held onto your control panel for support.

The lighting from the energy sources connected, making a ring in the middle. A light on your control panel lit up inticating it was ready.

"Its all powered up!"

It was hard was to hear each other but he knew what you were indicating. He pulled a lever beside him and the lightning became stronger as something were beginning to form in the middle of the machine.

An image of sorts was formed as the the machine became more stable. The lightning calmed down but were still connected to each other while the sound became quieter and quieter.

The wind had calmed down as you stared at the sight in front of you. It looked like a portal to other dimensions were created. You couldn't see the other side but it was like you could feel it.

Inside of the portal was a beatiful sight.
It looked like a mix of space and sea.
If your theory was correct, this was the opening between two dimensions.

You slowly walked in front of it. Almost as in a trance of what you accomplished you stared at the portal.

"We did it.."
A small smile was visible behind your mask.

"Woah, We did it kid!" Carlos laughed in joy as you lightly chuckled at his happiness.

Your happy moment stopped as you felt a sting in your side. You suddenly became Dizzy as you held your side for support. It was the same place as your 'death injury' as you refered to it.