Chapter 56: Just Team Mates

Sorry for taking so long guys! Back stories... (-.-) all I can say.So this chapter is going to be a bit confusing. It's going to start off in Liz's P.O.V. then go into Narrator. In Narrator, it's going to go to flashbacks and then present. Flashbacks are going to be italicized and present is going to be original. I'll leave the message later on just in case any one forgets. Oh, the song is slipped away by Avril Lavigne.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 56: Just Team Mates

Liz's P.O.V.

I was always daddy's little girl. I'd follow him anywhere. He was the one that scared away the monsters in my closet or under my bed. He was my hero. When people asked me who the number one hero in Metropolis was, I'd answer my father because to me, he was. No one could compare to him, not even Superman. I remember the afternoons that I'd spend watching the five o'clock news with my mom. I'd get so excited when I'd see a police car on the T.V. claiming it to be my father's. My mom would just laugh. As I grew older, I began to understand that not every police car on the T.V. was going to be my father. My father was like the sun. He was warm and could brighten anyone's day...well anyone on the right side of the law. He was very charismatic and he could make friends in an instant. Everyone loved him. That was something I didn't get from him. I was too shy for that and even when I tried, I failed miserably. Dad tried helping me gain friends by setting me up to play with some of his fellow officers' kids. It didn't work out as he wanted though. There was something about me...I guess that they didn't like. I didn't really complain because I wanted to keep my dad from worrying, so they pretended to be my friends around the adults. But once we were left alone, I just walked around and found a way to entertain myself. My dad became an officer because he wanted to help people and keep them safe. There was times when the job would get to him. There were days when he felt he failed and that would call for a field trip. We'd go out of the city to the forest for a hike and go bird watching. I think the peace and quiet of the forest helped him relax. Bird Watching was new to him as it was to me. Like I said before, I was attached to my father, so I wanted to go everywhere he did. Before me, he probably just went up there to walk and enjoy the quiet. But I was very clingy as a child, so to make me happy, he'd take me along. He probably realized I'd get bored and that's when I guess he decided to take up bird watching as a hobby. As I grew older, bird watching became a father daughter thing and we'd do it regularly. It seemed to help him relieve the stress he'd get from work. I loved my father and I also loved his job. After school instead of going on the bus and heading home, I'd go to the police station. I'd sit on my father's desk and do homework or I'd just spin around in his chair till I got dizzy. The officers got used to me stopping by every day and I've gotten to know them. I'd sometimes sneak a peek at his paperwork on the desk. When he'd come back from doing his perimeter drive, he'd find me either sleeping on his desk, working on one of his cases, or I'd be with Officer Morgan, who was in charge of training the rookies and administered the physical exams. He'd give me control of the microphone and I enjoyed being the one to shout encouragements. Even though, they might have not been the best...but honestly I wasn't going to baby them through this. A police officer's job is not to be taken lightly. They were going to have to put up with a lot more in the streets than what I was giving them and that was because I wasn't allowed to swear. And at first I thought, well maybe I could make up my own words. That didn't work out because they had no idea that I was insulting them. So I just ended up with my sarcastic remarks. Mom didn't like me being there because of the criminals that would go through, but I absolutely loved it there. I wasn't even bothering anyone, well besides the rookies...but that's something that doesn't need to be brought up. I had no idea why I seemed to get along better with the officers and not their children. My mom would always call complaining to my father that I didn't go home and my father would always radio in asking, "Hey, is my little bluebird fluttering around over there?" Bluebird was the nickname my father gave me. Apparently it was the first bird I pointed out when he took me out. Anyway, depending on who answered the radio, it'd depend on the response. Mainly when they challenged me to a game and I'd beat them would they lie to my father to keep me there long enough for them to try and beat me. Then there was Goody two shoes Officer Daniels who would always sell me out. When Dad would come back from his patrol, He'd frown and then smirk at me. Then he'd start to lecture me about coming over without Mom's permission.