Chapter 34: Trigger

So next chapter won't be up till Saturday, sorry. And You guys will hate me at the end of this chapter, but in all fairness I did give you guys what you've been waiting for!

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 34: Trigger

"Wakey Wakey" I heard a voice say as water splashed onto my face. Why does my aunt insist on waking me like this? It's getting really annoying...but then again at least the water isn't icy...I wanted to wipe my face, but then I realized my body felt heavier than it should and that's when my mind finally cleared and it hit me. I wasn't at the manor. That voice wasn't my aunt's. I was taken. I opened my eyes, but my sight was blurred. I could see two blurry figure crouched beside me. I think they were smiling at me and then they laughed. "Hey, how many fingers am I holding up?" they held up their hands and their fingers showed and that's when I realized. They weren't two. She was one. I was seeing double. "Geez Serpent, think you gave her enough?" I could hear the sarcasm in her voice.

"No, I gave her the usual amount" A man's voice replied. I could see a dark shadowy figure walking over. "I guess your poison resistance isn't what it used to be, huh Malquierida?" He snapped his fingers in my face. "Guess siding with the heroes left you weak, see I told you those poison experiments were for your own good."

"Oh shut up stupid, you were just trying to see how much poison she could take in before she finally cracked" The girl said pushing him away before turning back to me, "hey Malquierida, bet you're wondering where boss is huh?" Boss? Whose Boss? Why are they calling me Malquierida? Did they confuse me with someone else or something? I heard the sound of chains falling on the ground. The other two turned around. "She's still out of it, but she's awake" The large figure loomed over me and through the blurred vision I could still see the scar perfectly. I don't know why, but I did.

"Welcome Home, Malquierida" He sneered as he crouched in front of me.

Home? What's that supposed to mean? This is home?

Narrator

With Dick

Dick stood in the room beside the lavender silhouettes analyzing them. He spent most of the day here. Treasure was laying on the pillows watching him whining. Liz already cleared up the whole Treasure thing with Bruce, but they were still taking her to the pound later today when he got off work seeing as even though it was her who forced Alejandra to bring the dog home because her parents wouldn't allow it, Alejandra still did it behind Bruce's back. Dick touched the wall. He was trying hard to think back and try to remember when this happened. Dick started thinking back to the conversation with Liz.

"But you didn't remember her either, so that doesn't really give you any right to hate me!" Dick pointed out, "and besides a painted wall isn't much evidence."

"It's evidence enough to have a conversation about it" She smiled, "besides I don't hate you because of that"

"Then why?" He asked

"Because you broke her heart" She replied.

Dick thought of when he first met Alejandra remembering the conversation he had with her.

"Who do you think you are sneaking up on someone like that?!" He remembered her yelling at him.

"I just saved your life!" He argued back, "you're welcome!"

"You're the one that almost got me killed to start with!" She screamed back at him.

"I wasn't the one trying to commit suicide!" He retorted back.