Chapter 4: Powerless

So the bold is Alejandra/Gem thinking. Just in case anyone gets confused ;) Anyway sorry I take forever to update on this story. It's just I'm in the last couple of chapters of my other story and I want to finish it so I can put all my focus on this story. But I will work on trying to update as much as I can. Well that's enough of my blabbing. Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 4: Powerless

Episode 4 Drop Zone

We were in the center of the room in front of the screen as Batman told us about a mission he was giving us.

"Santa Prisca, Isla Santa Prisca" he said, "This island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal neosteroid, a strength enhancing drug sold under the street name venom" I tried focusing on what Batman was saying, but Wally was too busy crunching on his chips so loudly beside me. Not to mention, he wasn't even chewing with his mouth closed. I glared at him. It took him awhile, but he finally noticed.

'What?' he mouthed I snatched his chips from his hands.

'you can have them back after' I mouthed back annoyed. I turned my attention back to Batman.

"infrared heat signatures indicate their factory is still operating at full capacity, but all shipments of venom have been inexplicably cut off" Batman continued. I looked at the images on the screen. "that's where this team comes in, this is a covert recon mission only, observe and report, if the Justice League needs to interfere, it will! The plan requires two drop zones" Batman showed us the plan. Wally snatched his bag of chips back, when the meeting seemed to be over.

"So whose in charge?" D asked Batman and Red Tornado looked at each other for a moment before turning to look back at us.

"Work that out between you" Batman finally said I watched as a smile creeped up on D's face. I didn't really mind if D led. To be honest, I didn't care who led as long as it wasn't me.

Anyway here we were now in the bioship flying over the Caribbean at eight minutes past eight heading to Santa Prisca. Everyone was quiet.

"We're approaching Santa Prisca" Miss Martian said we flew a little more and the island became visible. "Drop zone A in thirty" I watched Aqualad stand up and watched as his clothes changed from his usual colors to black.

"Ready" he said I watched as a hole in the floor appeared in the Bioship. Aqualad jumped out and dived into the sea. I turned back and looked ahead at the island.

"Putting bioship in camouflage mode" Miss Martian said we stopped moving as we waited for Aqualad's signal.

"Heat and motion sensors are patched" I heard Aqualad say through the radio, "data is now on a continuous loop, move in" Miss Martian moved the bioship forward.

"Drop zone B" Miss Martian said. We all stood up this time. I let out a groan as I clicked the button on my bracelet. I watched as my purple and white outfit turned black. I hate dark colors.

"How cool is this?" K.F. said who know wore a pure black outfit instead of his red and yellow.

"Very impressive" Miss Martian replied as she changed her outfit to be darker as well.

"Uh...that works too" K.F. said before turning to look at S.B., "hey Supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech"

"No cape, no tights..." S.B. said crossing his arms, "no offense"

"It totally works for you..." Miss Martian said I gave her a look and it hit her, "in that you can totally do good work in those clothes" I face palmed. She put her hood on and went in camouflage mode.