Chapter 44: Sleep Over at Arti's Place!

So this is probably the shortest chapter of my book, but I was kind of unsure of how to go with this chapter. I hope you don't hold a grudge. I mean I think I should be forgiven seeing as last chapter was like 16 pages! So yeah! Anyway short or not, I hope you guys like it! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 44: Sleep Over at Arti's Place!

Episode 23: Insecurity

So I was in Arti’s apartment right now. I’ve been here for two days now actually. I haven’t seen anyone besides Arti since then. I think I might be going home tomorrow though. The apartment was a lot smaller than Ms. Diana’s. The living room consisted of a coffee table, a couch, and a plant. I met her mom who was in a wheelchair. She was a very kind lady who seemed really pleased that Arti brought a friend home. I didn’t tell her that Arti didn’t voluntarily bring me here. It was just a favor for Batman. So apparently Batman made these alarms that would go off if there were any dimensional gaps opening with the help of some of the League members. An alarm went off. They’re unsure if it was the Corcellians, they were the group that caused everyone to forget me, or someone else. To be safe, Batman decided that it’d be better if I stayed somewhere I never been before. In other words, Arti’s place. I actually had a lot of fun here just hanging out with Arti or her mom. Tonight though…I may have ended up in the middle of a family quarrel. I mean Arti was telling me about how she impressed the League when she saved Kid Flash and they asked her to join the team. Then her mom accidentally let it slip that the League talked to her and she thought her daughter was in trouble so she begged them to help keep her in the straight and narrow. This really pissed Arti off. She stormed out of the house. I didn’t care whether I was seen or not. She need someone to talk to.

“Arti!” I said following after her, “Wait!” The night was cold against my bare arms and skin. I could see my hot breath in the air. I grabbed her arm and made her turn to face me. “Talk to me!”

“All this time! All this time! I’ve been thinking they wanted me because I impressed them!” She said annoyed, “but turns out, I was just some pity case!”

“You weren’t a pity case!” I said.

“My mom begged them!” Arti argued, “she begged!”

“Hey, I’ve seen your skills, I’ve seen your moves” I said giving her a playful punch in the arm, “I am pretty sure that they had the idea of you joining the team before they even talked with your mom! The team is lucky to have you! And I am sure the League realizes what a prize they got.” She looked at me and smiled.

“I am a prize aren’t I?” She said dusting her shoulders.

“Yeah, okay don’t start getting a big head” I laughed.

“Thanks Gem, but you should return to the apartment” She said, “I’m going to go to Mount Justice for a little while, we have to make sure the Corcellians don’t come looking for me and find you.”

“Okay, I’ll head back” I sighed, “Oh! Do you guys have ingredients for cookies?” Artemis’s eyes widened.

“You are not allowed in the kitchen!” She said automatically.

“Why not?” I frowned, “what am I supposed to do?”

“Uh…I don’t know try not burning down my home” She said with a smirk, “now go!” She pointed toward her apartment building. I let out a sigh as I started trudging back to her apartment building. Her mother was in the living room with her hands in her face. She rose her head and when she heard the door open.