Chapter 38: The Destined String

Here's the Chapter! Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 38: The Destined String

The car ride home was quiet. The guys helped me with my things. Alfred asked if I needed anything and I shook my head. I heard a familiar barking. I looked down to see the Chihuahua from before running up to me. I knelt down and picked her up in my arms. She seemed as excited as the first time to see me. I scratched her on the top of her head. I had to admit that there was something about this place that drew me in. I sensed it since the first time I came here, but I didn't want to get caught up in this feeling. Who knew how long before I was kicked out of here too?

"Come on, I'll show you to your room" Dick or shall I say Robin said seeing as he was still in his uniform. I kept the Chihuahua in my arms as I followed him up the stairs. He led me to a room with the walls that were lavender colored. Well actually, there was one that was green, but had three lavender silhouettes on the wall. There were white curtains on the windows. There was a bed pressed against the wall by the silhouettes. There was a nightstand beside it. There was a vanity by the window. There was a door that I assumed lead to the closet and beside that door was a dresser. By the bedroom door, there was a desk with things on it. I noticed that most of the things in the room were either white or purple. I analyzed the room looking at the posters covering up the walls. Only wall bare was the one with the silhouettes. "I'd like to say, it's just how you left it, but then I'd be lying..." I didn't turn to look at Dick as I looked around the room.

"Purple..." I replied.

"What?" He said. I turned to look back at him.

"Purple's my favorite color?" I said. He let out a light laugh.

"Uh not really" He replied, "It's actually blue"

"Really?" I said motioning to the room.

"Your Gem was purple" He explained, "you had this weird thing where you had to match everything with your gem"

"Are you calling me weird?" I laughed

"Just a bit" He said as he leaned against the desk, "now be honest, how are you feeling?"

"Being honest?" I said unsure. He nodded his head. "I don't know...I'm scared and nervous because I don't know if I'll even fit in here. Mr. Wayne absolutely terrifies me. Well not in the idea of him going to kill me or anything. It's just he's so serious all the time! I feel like I'm being interviewed! Then I'm also upset and depressed because my family tried to kill me! And when I really thought I could count on Wondie, she let me down!" He just watched me pace back and forth as I began to rant on about what my emotions were and how they were. The Chihuahua was sleeping in my arms. "I-I just don't know...It seems like every time I put my trust in someone I'm let down and I don't want to become distrustful, but I am seriously starting to lose my faith in everybody...I'm just glad I have one person I can count on"

"Who?" He asked. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him in disbelief.

"You, you idiot" I said going over and hugging him, "you're the one that's keeping me over that edge and I just want to really thank you for that." I felt his arms wrap around me hugging me back. I suddenly felt this weird sensation in the pit of my stomach.

'But you're in love with the guy!' Liz words ran through my brain startling me. I pulled away quickly. He looked at me confused.

"Are you okay?" He asked.