Chapter 23: Babysitting

So here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 23: Babysitting

Episode 19: Misplaced

How does someone just disappear in thin air? I looked around the table trying to find a trap door or something, but I didn't find anything. I mean am I really supposed to believe that she just vanished just like that? I began to panic. Where'd she go? What happened to her? I grabbed the phone and started to call 911. But all that answered was a machine. I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed to answer it. I saw Michelle and Brandon at the door. Michelle was nine years old and her younger brother was six. They both had dark black hair. Brandon had hazel eyes while Michelle had dark brown. They were both crying. I looked at them confused.

"What's the matter?" I asked

"Mommy vanished" Michelle said

"She just disappeared" Brandon cried rubbing his eyes. So Ms. Diana wasn't the only one to disappear. The cops not answering and Ms. Montgomery missing too? There's a problem going on. I lifted up Brandon in my arms.

"Its alright" I said, "you guys can stay with me for now" Michelle entered. I put Brandon on the sofa. I put on a movie for them to watch. Ms. Diana bought me it when she saw me looking at it. I don't know it was something about the movie that caught my attention. The movie was The Little Mermaid. I was pacing back and forth. This was bad. If every adult on Earth is gone, then that means there's a lot of abandoned children out there. I need to help as many as I can. "Michelle, Brandon come on, we're going to try and gather as many kids as possible" They followed me. I went through the apartment building and we ended up finding two babies and three other kids leaving me with seven. Then it suddenly hit me. The orphanage!

Narrator

Robin was showing Zatanna a video of her dad chanting and doing the locator spell to find Wotan the day they were searching for the Injustice League. The video seemed to fade on the edges like it was blurred. Robin didn't bother try to fix it since Zatara was the point of the video.

"But-but the words...I mean that's just part of it" Zatanna said pushing a piece of hair out of her face as she looked down uncertain, "the rest takes training, Robin...I'm-I'm just not on Zatara's level"

"I know it's hard, but try to stay whelmed" Robin said, "we'll find your dad, Batman, all of them. That's what we do" They looked at each other and smiled. They both felt the attraction they had for each other, but both shy to act on it. Robin's watch started beeping and it broke they're romantic gaze. He looked down at the watch.

"What's that?" Zatanna asked as the screen popped out from the watch. It showed a red dot on a map. Robin looked at it confused.

"a tracker..." He said messing with a watch, "but I don't remember placing a tracker in D.C."

"You can go check it out" She smiled, "I'll work on the spell" Robin smiled at her before shutting off his watch.

"no, this mission comes first" He said, "besides, you need moral support, that tracker will be there tomorrow"

"Thanks Robin" She smiled and leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

Alejandra's P.O.V.

My heart was racing at the speed of light. I don't know what I was thinking. This was the stupidest idea I probably ever came up with; although I wouldn't know thanks to my memory loss. But that didn't matter seeing as I was going to die and to make things worse, I was dragging ten innocent kids to their dooms as well. I say ten because I found three more and I'm pretty sure they regret their choice in following me now. I could hear their screaming from behind me. I turned the wheel making a sharp turn. So seeing as Ms. Diana lived far away from the orphanage, I thought of taking a bus. It completely slipped my mind that there wouldn't be a driver till we got to one. So I figured I saw Ms. Diana drive, how hard could it be? Boy...I was wrong! So far...I've hit too many trash cans to count, may have scraped against a few cars, and I barely missed running right through a building.