Chapter 14: What Will He Do?

Hey guys! So it's only been three days since my last update. So you got to give me some credit. I know I put a terrible cliffy at the last chapter, so I did my best to update as fast as I could. This is my way of apologizing. I am really sorry and I do love you guys, because if it weren't for your comments and votes, I'd probably give up on the story. Anyway Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 14: What Will He Do?

Episode 14: Revelation

It's been days since the mission that I confessed to D and he hasn't told me his response...but that was only because I wouldn't give him the chance to. I saw the look of relief on his face when the team showed up and we were interrupted. So technically yeah, I knew the answer. I just haven't heard it. My emotions are just a burden to him. The faster I figure out a way to get over them, the happier I'll begin to be. I've been doing everything I could to not end up alone with D. I've been sleeping over at Liz's lately. Seeing as we had this project in school we had to do, Uncle Bruce allowed me and I was thankful for that. Currently I was stuffing my face with ice cream as I sat on her bed. She lay beside me flipping through channels with a bag of chips in her hands. We were currently arguing about whether CPR counted as kissing. How'd this topic start? Well we were watching a show where a guy was drowning so the girl gave him mouth to mouth. It was basically a chick flick about that couple. The girl constantly denied that it didn't count as a kiss which I agreed and the boy connstantly arguing that it was and Liz agreed with him.

"Lip contact, it counts" she argued

"well she couldn't just leave him to die!" I argued back.

"will you just agree that I'm right?" She said

"no!" I argued, "why the heck would I do that?"

"why are you so defensive about this subject anyway?" She asked

"Because then that'd mean I sacrificed my first kiss to...Wally" I said making a face of disgust. If I realized it was going to count, I would have gave S.B. CPR first, instead of giving it up to a flirt like K.F.

"Whose Wally?" She asked curious.

"uh...this kid that I saved from drowning" I said trying to keep the lying to a minimum. Then she shrugged.

"You should have left the life guard do their job" she replied simply.

"She wouldn't have made it in time" I argued.

"Point is that's two times you have made lip contact and neither of those are going to be your first?" She looked at me raising an eyebrow, "you're going to be a kissing expert by the time you have your first kiss!" I didn't tell her about Jason Meyer's kiss. I felt like she'd kill me if she found out. But she was right, that's four already. Well no, I refuse to let CPR count. its only been twice. Third time is the one for sure and that's the one I'm protecting with my life.

"It doesn't count!" I argued, "and it wasn't like I was going to let him die"

"That's why it was an admiral sacrifice" she replied.

"I hate you" I replied going back to my mint and chip ice cream.

"So you going to tell me what's going on with you and D?" She asked finally turning away from the TV to look at me.

"N-nothing" I replied quickly, "why?" She rose an eyebrow at me and waited for me to tell her. No, I haven't told her that I confessed to him. I was embarrassed ok?! How do I tell my best friend that I finally got the courage to tell him and got rejected? When she's been working hard trying her best to try and make him fall for me? I can't even look at D anymore without feeling embarrassed. I ruined everything by telling him. How could I be so stupid? I should have just kept my mouth shut. I mean seriously! What'd I expect to happen?! That he'd pull me into his arms and repeat the words back to me before he kissed me? That's the scenario of a dreamer. And it's fine to dream...but not when I confuse a dream for reality...that...that was plain stupid. Liz took the ice cream from my hands and set it on the counter and this time I didn't complain. She sat right beside me and pulled me into a hug.