Chapter 17: Soulmates

So this chapter isn't based off an episode, just a heads up! Its more like a filler, because a big thing is revealed. Anyone want to comment on this line and take a guess... ;) Yeah, well you can if you want! But a hint is you might hate me by the end. Anyway, enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 17: Soulmates

I went through the zetatube entering the cave looking for one specific person. I looked around to notice no one was around. Treasure jumped out of my jacket pocket and started running around following me. No one was in here so I decided to shout.

"Connie, where you at?!" I yelled. Yeah, I ended up sticking with Connie as his nickname. But sometimes I switched it up. I got no response. The cave was surprisingly quiet. I guess it was because we didn't have to be here. We didn't have a mission assigned or training. It was mainly a chill out day. "Con-Con!" I went down to the hall towards the kitchen where a delicious smell hit me. I found Meg standing in the kitchen. "ooh! Food! What you making?"

"Lasagna" She replied smiling, "would you like some?"

"Yes please!" I said sitting down on a stool by the island. I set my camera down on the island.

"So what do you need Connor for?" She asked as she served me.

"Well...I need you not to get jealous" I replied as I nervously shoved lasagna into my mouth savoring the taste and time it bought me before telling her my plan. This lasagna was delicious; I hope I become as good as her one day.

"Why would I get jealous?" She asked nervously.

"Because I want him to pose in cute romantic photos with me" I replied so fast that some of my words just mashed together. I watched as her eyes widened and by the glare she was giving me, she was totally jealous meaning she understood every mashed up word of my sentence...damn it.

"Why?!" She asked screaming.

"Because my friend doesn't stop bugging me about the rejection and the only way I'll get her to move on is if she thinks I moved on" I replied quickly raising my hands in surrender, "I just really want her to let it go, so that I could"

"Why don't you ask Kaldur or Wally?" She asked calmer now that I mentioned the rejection. Yes, she knew...and she tried to be there for me as much as she could.

"Well Kal was honestly my first choice, but his photos are everywhere with Aquaman and he doesn't exactly wear a mask, so there's no way she'd buy that I'm dating Aqualad" I said spinning in my stool, "and Wally, not really my type"

"But Connor doesn't wear a mask" she said thinking.

"But he only recently became a hero, just like you" I replied going back to my lasagna, "and since we started this team, we've only done covert missions, so he's never really exposed"

"Oh...ok" She said, "well Connor is out walking Wolf right now, so you might have to wait"

"I don't mind..." I replied shrugging as I took another bite of my meal. She looked at me frowning as she leaned over the counter.

"So...honestly" She sighed, "how are you feeling?"

"Its not like I didn't know he was going to reject me..." I replied as I leaned my chin against my palm. I looked down at my food and started stabbing the lasagna with a fork as I played around with it. "I mean no one knows Robby better than me...so I guess you can say I was prepared to deal with the pain, but..." I thought of that night and how he kissed me and how my happiness was soon turned to pain in only a matter of seconds. I felt the cracks starting to open again so I closed my eyes to regain my strength. "I guess at one point, I gave into hope and that's what hit me hard...but I'm sick and tired...of being the heartbroken girl that can't even look at him" I don't like avoiding him and I don't want to do it anymore. Because to be honest, I don't know what's hurting me more: the rejection or the separation. But I'm scared. I mean what if things don't go back to how they used to be? What if he's careful around me because he thinks I'm weak because of how I've been these couple of weeks? I know that if I keep my distance the pain will eventually go away, but so would my relationship with D and that was too big of a price. A price that I would never pay. But I was going to face this fear eventually right? I heard the door open. I turned to see Kal and Connie walk in with Wolf. Wolf ran over to Treasure who was curled up on the floor beside me, but at the sight of Wolf she got up quickly. She barked at him before running over to him. Wolf laid down and rolled on his back. Treasure climbed on to him and they started to play. "hey! There's the guy I'm looking for" Kal and Connor looked at each other, not sure of who I was talking to. Then I started thinking. Maybe I should go with Kal...I mean Meg was definitely not okay with this when I first told her about it. I shouldn't be asking her to let me borrow her boyfriend for show.