Chapter 7: Grounded

So here is the next chapter, Saturday like I promised! I hope you like it! Anyway Enjoy!

Chapter 7: Grounded

Episode 7: Denial

No matter how many times I asked Artemis to repeat what happened with the assassin getting away. I got that lying sensation burning inside me to the point where I felt like my hair was going to catch fire. So I came to the conclusion that maybe the assassin didn't get away, but Artemis let her go. Obviously, I was not going to just keep this doubt. I gave her a chance to tell me what really happened. She refused to take it. Well now...its my turn. The first thing I did was ask Batman on who she really was, but he wouldn't say. Batman was a man of his word, so I figured he must have promised. I had no idea why he was willing to cover for this girl after she let the assassin to escape. But I wasn't giving up, so I went to plan B, which was grabbing my tech geek by the black cape and dragging him out of Uncle Bruce's office. Robin and Batman were going out to look for crime in a bit. Uncle Bruce was still worried about what's been happening with me. He actually almost took my Gem from me, which I didn't even realize till the fight with Amazo that it was the source of my powers in the first place. But he gave me a choice instead: 1. I give up the necklace and can go on missions all I want, which would mean I could only use my utility belt and my fighting skills or 2. I keep my necklace and I stay away from missions. I suck at using the utility belt and even though I'm a fighting expert, I don't know if my sixth instinct will ditch me leaving me vulnerable of getting attacked from behind. So you can guess what option I chose. Anyway, I took Robbie to my room and we sat on my bed handing him my laptop.

"We're going to go" Robbie said

"He's not going to leave without you" I muttered, "I want to know what's up with this Artemis chick" I knew the whole reason Robbie and Batman were going out on patrol like this. It was just Batman trying to get me to give up my necklace, so I could go with them. But I was as stubborn as him and I was not losing. Even though...half of me wanted to sneak out and join them secretly...but if I did, Batman would just take my necklace away if he found out. I've had it since I was a baby and never took it off, this was not going to change that. I just needed to get him to understand that. I watched Robbie work his magic.

"He put up more security and firewalls" Robbie said

"does that mean you can't get in?" I said looking at him shocked . He turned at me with a smirk.

"you're kidding?" he said before turning back to the screen, "don't know what hurts more you doubting me right now or Bruce actually thinking I can't hack passed this..." I felt something tap my foot. I looked to find Treasure. I grabbed her and put her on my lap as I pet her. "got it" I looked up from Treasure and looked at the screen. "whoa...I wasn't expecting this"

"me neither" I replied as I read the information. Artemis lived here in Gotham and if that wasn't a big shocker, she was the daughter of Huntress and Sportsmaster. Her sister was Cheshire, which was the assassin that escaped. "it all makes sense now...but question is who side is she on?" Robin frowned as he thought about it just like I did. I mean I guess I understand...if I were to go against Batman or Robbie...I don't think I'd be able to hurt them. I couldn't do it. No matter what they have done...I love them too much. I looked at Treasure as she walked off my lap and headed toward Robbie to get some attention from him.

"get your rat" He said as she climbed onto his lap and rubbed her face against his arm asking for some attention. No matter how much he didn't like her, Treasure absolutely adored him. I think she loved him more than she loved me to be honest.

"she just wants some love" I said laughing. He looked at me unamused. I just gave him a smile. He pet her then grabbed her handing her back to me. He set my laptop on my bed and stood up.