Chapter 55: Guilt

💔

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 55: Guilt

Dick and I arrived back home just a little while ago. We were currently standing out on my balcony just looking up at the stars.

"You know I noticed something while you were gone" He said as he looked up at them. I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"We could've caught Bandero Four a lot sooner if we just looked at the sky" He smirked, "all the smog in the sky seems to clear wherever you are. If we looked for that one area in Gotham where you could see the stars clearly, then we would have found you."

"Well I guess now you know" I laughed, "if you ever want to find me, just follow the stars." He had his fingers currently intertwined with mine. My stomach formed knots as I began to feel nervous.

What's wrong?

I turned to look at him to notice he was looking at me. He gave my hand a comforting squeeze. I looked down.

You're not just saying that you're in love with me because you feel sorry for me are you?

D turned me so I was facing him instead of the view. I kept my view down though. I was too scared to look him in the eyes. He put a finger beneath my chin and lifted my face to look at him. I looked into his eyes scared of what'd I see. He wrapped his arms around my waist holding me close to him. He leaned his forehead against mine.

Why would you think that?

Because...I don't see how you could have changed your mind. You rejected me remember?

Out of fear.

What?

I was scared that if I accepted and something went wrong, I'd lose you. And when you started dating Kaldur, I realized that I made a mistake and because of that stupid mistake, I almost did lose you.

So you're not scared anymore?

Not one bit.

So you don't think it could happen?

No

How are you so sure?

Because I plan to make you the happy for the rest of my life.

I found myself smiling at his words and my insecurities turn to ash. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned in and kissed him.

"What's this called?" Caderyn's voice appeared from above us. I quickly pulled away feeling my face grow hot. I followed the sound of his voice. I looked up to see Caderyn and Aetius sitting on the slanted roof.

"I believe its called popcorn" Aetius replied, "its really good."

"Tell me about it," Caderyn said, "do you think we can get another bag from the older man?"

"What are you idiots doing?" I said up to them.

"Oh, are you guys finished now?" Aetius replied.

"When are you guys going back to Corcellion anyways?" I replied.

"We're supposed to stick with you" Caderyn replied, "it's what guardians do, we shouldn't have left you by yourself today, but we did. So do us a favor and keep that a secret from the King alright?" Caderyn held the bag away from Aetius who was reaching for more popcorn. "You're finishing it all!"