Chapter 11: Undercover Star

I was in the middle of a dance studio practicing the concert routine. D watching me from the wall. I was struggling to keep from blushing. I had to keep reminding myself that he had no idea I was who I was. All he knew was that the team was protecting Rebecca Anderson, who was a complete...well she wasn't exactly nice to them or at least I wasn't. I profiled this girl. To her, asking for help was like admitting weakness and like I said before, she's scared of vulnerability. So her manager was forcing her without her consent. Not to mention, she wasn't exactly grateful when we did the switch. So in order to not be so out of character, I had to be terrible with my team. I hated it, but it had to be done. It wasn't hard though, I think mainly because of my exhaustion, I was cranky all the time because of how tired I was. I just wanted to get this mission done. I was bait for the kidnappers and Rebecca was somewhere safe and out of sight. Anyway I was currently wearing a loose black (ew...) belly shirt and some grey Capri sweats. One thing I forgot to mention about Rebecca was she loved dark colors which I was now forced to wear. My necklace and dark colors...I was starting to think Uncle Bruce did this just to mess with me. I've been undercover for five days and I'm exhausted. Since Uncle Bruce took my necklace, it's all I could think about. I haven't been sleeping well either because of it and it was definitely taking a toll on my appearance. The make up artist had to come early to my room to make me presentable. I did my best to keep my mind off it though which wasn't such a big deal since Rebecca over worked herself anyway. So it was totally in character. I've been practicing for four hours now. The first two were with the entire group. Right now it was just me and Robby on the other side of the room who wouldn't stop checking his watch. I didn't have to have my psychic link to know something has been bothering him. I wanted to ask what, but that's not something Rebecca would do. I heard the door open. I saw Jason come in through reflection of the mirror.

"hey" Jason said to Robin greeting him as he walked past him. Robby just nodded his head before checking his watch again. I stopped and turned to face Jason as he walked toward me. He handed me his water bottle. "want a drink?" I grabbed it and uncapped it.

"Thanks" I smiled before putting the bottle to my lips and taking a long refreshing drink. I capped the drink. There was only like a quarter left now. He had a smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him. "what?"

"indirect kiss" he smirked. I looked at him completely confused. What the hell is he talking about? I studied this girl for days now. How the hell do I not know what he's talking about? Then again if someone was imitating me, I'm sure they'd be confused by half the things that I'd talk about with my friends. Like with D...the you and me. "you don't remember do you?"

"of course I do" I argued crossing my arms, then I sighed, "no I don't, what the hell are you talking about?"

"remember that concert in Starling?" He asked. I just nodded, even though I didn't remember crap because I wasn't there. "we were playing truth or dare, and you picked truth?" I nodded again. "they asked you who your first kiss was and you said you still haven't had your first kiss yet" I looked at the bottle then back at him. I laughed. Now I understood why the band members were doing all the teasing. I was so confused when I first got here.

"Are you serious?" I said, "this does not count as my first kiss"

"yeah it does" He teased snatching the bottle and finishing the rest, "that's the best kiss you ever had and you know it"

"oh whatever" I said putting a hand on his chest and shoving him away laughing. I turned around and looked when I heard the door open again. Kal walked in. Robby and him began to talk quietly. I focused my hearing, but I couldn't hear crap. I really wanted my powers back.