CH 2: Starting Point

It was the audition day! Jessica and I just arrived at the hotel, seeing many girls come to try their luck too. A wave of nervousness was slapped onto my face when I saw the Style Queen herself, Audrey Bourgeois.

"Good luck!" Jessica whispered at me. I just answered with a smile.

"I'll wait for you there, okay? See ya," she waved her hands at me before she went to take her seat at the audience section.

This is a public audition, meaning that everyone was watching us from the hotel hall. It was taken place at the same spot as Clara Nightingale's audition that she had for her music video cameo.

I lined up to register and get my audition number. I was at the back of the line, but someone suddenly came in to be the last person. It was a girl, obviously. She seemed a little younger than me. She looked so scared and nervous.

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Hi," she mumbled. I could barely hear her voice.

"What's your name?" I asked softly so I didn't scare her.

"Juleka," she answered.

That's... a beautiful name! Well, her name is actually meaning beautiful.

"Nice to meet you, Juleka. I'm (y/n)," I introduced myself to her. She finally did a little smile, stretching her hand to shake hands with me.

"You wanna go in front of me?" I asked.

"Really?" she was hesitant.

"Yeah, come," I brought her to line in front of me. She nodded with a smile. She then thanked me for doing so.

There was no reason for me to do so but I'm glad that she's happy.

30 minutes passed by and it was finally our turn. Juleka came upstage first, she was so terrified when her number was called.

"You can do it, trust me," I gave her support.

She smiled at me and walked upstage. She introduced herself and started to shine. I was amazed by her. She already looks pretty in the first place.

Right after her, it was my turn. I stepped onto the stage with a little nervousness. I started with a smile, confidently introduced myself.

"So, why do you want to be a model?" Audrey asked.

"I wanna be a model because I want to gain new experiences. Being a model will expose you to a lot of different skills, such as proper posture, communication skills and poise, that you can apply to other careers. Thus, I chose to model since it was my hobby since I was a kid," I passionately explained.

"What is your goal?" Audrey asked.

"My goal is to be the best model out there and be one of the successful models to advertise popular designs," I answered.

"Are you ready to expose yourself and break out of your shell?" oh, she really wanted the best for her brand.

"Yes," I said confidently.

"Okay, good. Based on the photos you provide us, you seemed to be naturally made for this," she shuffled the polaroid I brought for the audition.

"So, show us what you got other than these photos," she took off her sunglasses, making me nervous.

I nodded, stepping back a little to start my own fashion show. I saw Jessica in the distance was cheering for me.

I took a deep breath, waiting for the background track to play. All of the auditionees were required to do a short catwalk for about 30 seconds. I started walking confidently while eyeing the audience with a confident smile displayed on my lips.