CH 19: Strangeness

YOUR POV

Jessica, Jake and I just finished our last class. We chilled outside the school while waiting for Luka to finish his class.

"Wait, don't you two have cheerleading practice today?" Jake asked.

"No, I quit. The team is so toxic, especially when Angelina is the new captain now. Besides, I'm kinda busy though since I joined the Style Queen Teen,"

"Yeah, I quit too. I started joining photography class with Mr Vincent instead. Who knows, maybe I'll be (y/n)'s personal photographer one day," Jessica grinned while holding her camera.

"You already are, Jess," I pulled her closer to me by the shoulder, making her giggle.

"Don't be dreaming to be a famous photographer. Do you think you'll succeed with that crappy camera of yours?"

We turned around, only to see the spoken name, Angelina Miller. It has been a while since she harassed us, so it was kinda surprising. 

"What is wrong with you? Oh, yeah. You are bored because nobody wants to join your cheerleading team anymore. Boohoo," I fired.

"The only wrong thing right here is all of you! Y'all made Isabelle lose her job!" she stomped her foot.

"I don't know, maybe she should learn etiquette and respect," I said.

"She's a psychopath anyway," Jake cracked.

"You! You broke her heart!" Angelina pushed Jake away, hitting me who was standing behind him.

Ow! That squished my nose and it is hurt!

"Jake admitted his fault already! Why can't we just move on and go with life? You, have you ever thought about people you broke their hearts? If you don't, then don't try to find people's past mistakes," Jessica finally stepped up to defend Jake.

Whoa, Jess really changed a lot since I asked her to forgive Jake.

"Leave us alone, Angelina. We have never interrupted your personal life," a soft deep voice suddenly popped out of nowhere.

Luka. He just walked out of his class, standing behind Angelina.

"Oh, so you are a friend of these freaks now? Seriously? You could've better class people to be your friends, you know. Like me," Angelina spoke.

"They are my friends since Première and they are the best people I've ever known," Luka answered casually.

"Best people? A playboy, a crazy chick and a b*tch who acts like she's better than everyone just because she is a famous model?"

"The b*tch who acts like she's better than everyone suits you better, Angelina. A crazy chick fits Isabelle and a playgirl suits Keisha good," Luka smirked.

"Seriously? You still wanna be friends with this b*tch even after you lost your music club president role because of her?" she changed the topic.

Hey, never talk about that tragedy ever again.

"I was stupid, you know. She was right, I should've blamed you, not her. She is my friend after all. I know her better than I know you," Luka said while placing his arm over my shoulders.

"Let's leave. There is no point in arguing with someone like her," he added while pulling me out of the school, followed by Jake and Jessica.

Jake took his time to hiss at Angelina, making Jessica laugh.

"Hey," I called.

Luka just hummed, gazing down at the shortie me.

"Thanks," I said hesitantly.