CH 20: Rumours

LUKA'S POV

It only has been a day and I already missed Sass. He was the one who always woke me up for school, but today, Juleka woke me instead. And that made me late to school because she woke me up after she was done with her makeup. I cycled to school as fast as possible before the gate was closed.

Good, something popped my front tyre. Now I have to walk to school while pushing the bike with me.

"Wait, Mr Tomlinson! I- I am here," I saw the principal was about to close the gate.

He looked at me from head to toe while glancing at his watch.

"You are late 30 seconds, Luka. Go to the basketball court and do 30 seconds of planking,"

What? Yes, 30 seconds isn't that bad, but planking is so freaking hurt. A minute feels eternity!

"I'm sorry, Mr Tomlinson," I apologised before parking my bike and going to the court.

Other students who came at the same time as me also were asked to plank based on how late they were. Some of them got a minute, some of them two, and some of them more than that.

"30 seconds, sir," I told the teacher there. He just nodded and recorded it on his board.

I took a spot in the corner of the court and started planking. We were asked to count out loud our duration so nobody cheats.

"Late too, huh?"

Someone asked. I turned next to me, only to see a beautiful girl with a high ponytail and red ribbon wrapped around it.

(y/n).

I started panicking because I was nervous and shocked, making me fall.

"Luka, start it all over again from 0 seconds. You fell," the PE teacher commanded.

"Fine," I sighed.

"I'm sorry," (y/n) giggled.

"No, it's fine. Wait, wait. It's a rare occasion to see you late. What's up?" I asked.

"I slept late last night and I couldn't lock the alarm on my phone. My mum took it from me," she sighed.

Oh, no. She must be waiting for Viperion.

"Anyways, how many seconds that you got?" she changed the topic.

"30. You?"

"40," she rolled her eyes.

"Wanna start at the same time?"

Didn't expect her to ask that. Duh, of course, I will!

"Sure!"

"Let's count together!" she giggled.

I nodded as we started to plank once again. Her ponytail fell on her side as she planked due to gravity.

"One. Two. Three..."

"Twenty-nine. Thirty..."

"Wait, your time is up," she reminded.

"Nah, I'll end it with you,"

She smiled cutely. "Okay, if you insist,"

"Thirty-one. Thirty-two. Thirty-three..."

People in the court were staring at us for counting a little too loud, but seeing (y/n)'s confidence, I ignored them all.

"Thirty-nine. Forty!"

We purposely let go of our arms from the floor and slammed ourselves on the hard surface. But we ain't care because the whole body was cramping harder.