CH 7: His Eyes

We reached school peacefully without fans chasing. I removed the cap and sunglasses after we entered the school building.

"Hey, princess!"

There he goes.

I glanced at Jessica, she was crossing her arms while avoiding eye contact with Jake. She looked around, mostly at the ground.

"Hi, Jake," I said.

Jessica just waved her hand lazily at him with a straight face.

Guess what? Jake actually waved his hand back at her hesitantly. That's a good start.

I just smiled a little, walking to the locker room. As expected, both of them followed me. I walked a little faster, leaving only the two of them behind.

I took out my compact mirror, pretending I was looking at myself. I actually wanted to see what was going on between them behind me. Jake was acting cool with his hands in his hoodie's pocket as usual, while Jessica was fiddling with her fingers. Yet, both of them looked awkward.

I opened my locker as soon as we reached the room. Jessica repeated the action. Her locker is located on the other aisle, the same aisle as Jake.

"You're pretty quiet today," I heard Jake start a conversation with Jessica.

"I just don't wanna fight with you," she casually answered.

"Huh? That's weird," he chuckled.

I was still listening to them on the opposite aisle.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because that's just not the usual Jessica Wilson,"

"What's up? You wanna fight?" she said.

"Sure, what topic should we fight about?"

"I don't know, what's in your mind?"

I silently laughed to hear them.

"I don't know. (y/n), you, and Luka? That's the only people I close with,"

Aww, he categorised Jessica as one of his close friends!

"Let's talk about something else, though," she said.

"Okay, sure. Oh, wait. Did you hear about Ladybug giving the heroes their Miraculous permanently?"

Oh, okay, okay. I see Jake having the same interest as Jessica.

"OMG, yes! What are your thoughts about it? Is it bad or not?"

"I think both. They can work better as a team. But the consequences rate of someone using the power for evil is pretty high,"

"Yeah, I was excited too at first but then (y/n) said it is pretty dangerous and now I'm kinda thinking about it,"

Wait, didn't they want to find a topic to fight? Never mind, talking is better, I guess.

They walked together while talking about the heroes without even remembering my existence there. But I'm fine, they're cute together. I just shook my head and walked to the class behind them.

I glanced around, seeing inside a classroom. It was Class 3435, and I made eye contact.

-----

LUKA'S POV

I was humming to a song. I looked outside the window. Wait, isn't that Jake and Jessica? Since when did they become nice to each other? Am I even in the same universe?

My attention was stolen when I heard loud heels footsteps after Jake and Jessica passed by.

Damn, her walk is so powerful! She flexes her runway walk, y'all. Her hair flew gracefully as she walked into the hallway.