CH 8: The Camp

TWO YEARS AGO...

YOUR POV

I saw Jessica was waiting for me in front of the bus. She wore her silly llama hat again. She waved the llama's ears by pressing the buttons as she saw my presence.

"Hey, guess what I got for you!" she said excitedly once I reached her.

"I don't know, some croissants? If so, good. I'm starving," I answered.

"Too bad, nope. I got you this, though," she passed me a hat.

Another movable ears hat, but it was a bunny. A pink bunny with a kawaii face. Sure, it was cute. But I want some food.

"We match now!" she jumped in excitement while moving the llama's ears again.

I chuckled while looking at the hat.

She took the hat from my hands and placed it on my head. "Press this,"

I pressed the button and I felt some movement happen on top of my head.

"It worked!" she smiled to see the ears move.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

"Of course, thank you," I giggled, passing her a hug.

"But... do you have some food?"

She giggled. "Don't worry, I bought you some macaroons from the Dupain-Cheng bakery before I got here,"

She passed me a box of colourful macaroons. Oh, the scent just made my stomach growl even louder.

"JJ, can you please collect all the parents' permission forms before we get onto the bus?" I heard Mr Williams shout as he walked out the school gate along with three other teachers.

"Sure," the boy named JJ answered.

The boy started picking up the forms.

He reached the girls' crowd and saw us. "What is that stupid hat?"

"It is not stupid, it's adorable!" Jessica stomped her foot.

"It's adowable!" the boy mimicked her, he then snatched the hat from her.

"Hey, give it back!" she tried to reach for it, but she was a little too short.

"Yeah, give it back! That wasn't nice!" I defended her while hitting the boy on the head with the macaroon's box.

"Ow, ow, ow,"

"Fine, okay, sorry!" he threw the hat back to Jessica in panic as I kept hitting him.

He gazed at us angrily, snatching the forms from us and walked away.

"Rude!" Jessica shouted as he walked.

"Eeee! He touched my llama!" she screeched while brushing off the invisible dust on her hat before she put it back on.

"Okay, students. Anyone absent?" Mr Williams asked as he received the forms.

We checked around, nobody was absent.

"Good. Okay, please line up and get on the bus carefully in the queue. Do not push each other," he spoke.

We got in line excitedly. The JJ guy cut our line in front of Jessica. She was about to burst in angriness, but I calmed her down by shoving a macaroon into her mouth.