CH 4: Hooked

LUKA'S POV

This class is getting boring day by day. Jake had to change class, and now I'm all alone and surrounded by nerds.

Mr Edward was absent, so a substitute teacher looked after us. Yet, she did nothing. Just let us do whatever we want.

I filled my boredom by listening to people's loud conversations while thinking of new songs I can write.

"Did you hear that (y/n) is going to New York next month for the Style Queen Teen?"

"Yeah! I can't believe how much she has grown!"

"I know right? Remember in 11th Grade, she was such a shy quiet dork. Then remember when Angelina humiliated her just because she's jealous of her being the cheerleading captain? And look at her now, she's way more popular than Angelina,"

(y/n)? That girl who got me into trouble? What the heck is going on?

"She looks so pretty in that Audrey's new design,"

I glanced outside when I heard the girls gossiping. Whoa, a whole freaking billboard dedicated to (y/n) was in a building process.

Since when did she become famous? Am I missing something or I just haven't talked to her in a while?

"What are you thinking about, Luka?"

I gazed down, seeing my kwami, Sass peeked out from my jacket.

"Nothing, just about... a girl,"

"I see you moving on from Marinette," he said. (I know the creator said kwami don't have genders, but most characters in the show give them pronouns he/she so yeah)

"Come on, I have to. She's with Adrien now," I answered.

"But I don't think that way about the girl," I added.

Sass smirked. "Whatever you say, master," he hid back inside my jacket.

"Who did you talk to?"

Shoot, a bookworm named Corbyn in front of me asked.

"W-what? I wasn't talking at all," I lied.

"Then whose voice did I hear?" he asked.

"I don't know, y-your inner melody?"

That's the dumbest excuse ever escaped my mouth.

Corbyn looked at me weirdly. He then shrugged and went back to read whatever he was reading. I let out a relieved breath.

"I'm sorry," Sass whispered.

I just shushed him and he hid inside my bag instead since there's gummy snakes there.

(I looked up Sass' food on the official Miraculous Wiki, it said he eats eggs, gummy snakes and tofu. But I chose gummy snakes because it's easier to find and WHO BRINGS EGGS TO SCHOOL?)

I had no idea what kind of song should I write, I almost gave up and just threw the whole book away.

But then I thought of something...

"Remember in 11th Grade, she was such a shy quiet dork. Then remember when Angelina humiliated her just because she's jealous of her being the cheerleading captain? And look at her now, she's way more popular than Angelina,"

What about a song about hard work, revenge and confidence?

-----

I stepped out of the school's gate, only to be chased by Jake.