ii. 𝗴𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿

"My god, what are you reading now?" Mike huffed as Jude bumped into one of the desk, walking into class with his nose in a book

"My god, what are you reading now?" Mike huffed as Jude bumped into one of the desk, walking into class with his nose in a book. Mike was ignored, more so not heard, "Jude!"

Jude snapped his head up, blinking at Mike before looking down at his page, "Michael, you made me loose my spot!"

Before Mike had the time to answer, Jude wacked Mike with the back of his book before sitting down. Mike gave a look of disbelief, "Ow! I said what are you reading?"

"I was reading The Shining but now I have lost my place." Jude sassed, putting his book mark in his book and pushing it down into his backpack. Mike noticed his nail polish was no longer on his nails, staining his fingers though, "I feel off my bike on the way here, twice, carrying three days worth of bags."

"Bags?" Mike gave a look of disbelief.

"Two more in my locker." Jude nodded, straightening his pencil holder and taking one of them out.

"Why do you need three bags for three days?" Lucas turned around with a judging look.

Jude rolled his eyes, "I couldn't fit my books, my school supplies, and my clothes all in one back, Lucas."

"Drama queen." Dustin commented.

"Jonathan wanted me to tell you about a book, it's called..." Will trailed off as he tried to think of the title, "It's called..."

Jude rose a eyebrow, face reddened slightly at the mention of Jonathan, "Want me just to walkie you later about it?"

"Yes." Will confirmed.

"The human brian." Mr Clarke grabbed their attention as he laid a plastic model before the class, "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

The class was silent, Jude rose his hand. Mr Clarke nodded, "Ah, yes, Jude."

"What happens if someone, not to name names, is less intelligent then the rest of us? Would they have less cells?" Jude spoke up, making sure to look at Mike. The Wheeler boys mouth dropped.

"Nope, not at all. Good question though." Mr Clarke gave him a grin. The door closing got their attention, turning to find their principle and a redhead girl walking in.

"Ah, this must be our new student." Mr Clarke smiled.

"Indeed it is. All yours." principle said as all eyes sat on the new girl, who'd began trying to walk to a seat.

"All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy." Mr Clarke stopped the girl from hurrying away, Jude turned to look past Dustin's head more, "Come on up, don't be shy. Dustin, drum roll."

Dustin took a deep breath before drumming on one of his hard covered books.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine." Mr Clarke introduced the girl, who looked as though she wanted to be anywhere but here.