xxvii. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭

"Don't leave me cousin

"Don't leave me cousin." Jude hugged El tightly. "At least take me with you."

"Will call everyday." she hugged him tightly. "Everyday."

"Still." he sighed, laying his head on her shoulder. "What if you move in with me and my dad? I'm your cousin, we should definitely live together."

"Jude." El pulled back with a serious look. "Have to go."

"I know." he frowned, nodding his head. "Call me everyday. Every-"

"Every day." she promised, nodding her head. "Have to talk to Corey."

"Yes, go, go." he encouraged, shaking his head to rid any emotions to avoid looking weak. Will hugged him tightly as Jude rubbed his back. "You're gonna do good at your new school, yeah? No more Zombie Boy."

Will didn't say anything, he just hugged him tightly until he had to move on. "Don't kill too many ladies while i'm gone."

"Ha." Jude rubbed his eyes. "Can't promise anything."

Jude hugged Jonathan and Joyce at once. "Take care of her for me."

"We will." Joyce promised her, Jonathan stayed on the hug a minute longer before letting Joyce hug Jude fully. Now, with his back turned to his friends, he really did cry. Joyce held the back of his head. "She's gonna be okay."

"I know." he inhaled shakily. "But, she's still the only cousin i've got."

"I'll take care of her." Joyce pulled back to cup his face, whipping his tears. "You can come visit all you time. You and your dad."

Jude nodded, shutting his eyes as he tried to keep himself together. "I know. I know."

El left her hug with Max to wrap her arms around Jude again, she cried too as they held onto each other. "Visit soon?"

"Totally." he promised, inhaling as the weight in his chest and throat was getting painful to hold in. "Love you."

"I love you too." she held the back of his head a second before pulling back, getting into the moving truck with Jonathan as the friends backed up.

Mike grabbed Jude's arm, pulling him under his arm while Max comforted a hurting Corey. Jude laid his head onto Mikes shoulder as they all watched the car and truck drive away.

"On the house, kiddos." Russell walked over and laid three large baskets infront of the group of friends that were smooshed together on the booth. "Maybe a round of milkshakes too?"

"Thanks, dad." Jude gave him a small smile as he nodded, walking away.

"Can't believe we're starting high school next week." Lucas spoke up first, slummed between Max and Dustin. "Like, high school."

"Baseball team." Jude said, but his tone wasn't nearly as happy.

"Student Council." Corey went on.

"Big school." Max pointed out.

"Hundred of more people." Mike inhaled.

"Guys." Dustin cut in with a serious look. "We can't do this. I know we're all upset, it's not the same without Will and El. But, they're still our friends no matter what. And the rest of us? We're gonna storm into high school, looking hot as shit, and still gonna hang out every single day. We're gonna stick together."

Jude inhaled, nodding. "Dustin's right. We can't all fall apart without them."

"Agreed." Max put her hand on the table.

"Yeah, me too." Corey placed his hand on the table, Jude and Dustin joined.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Lucas agreed, putting his hand on the table, they all looked at Mike.

Mike looked at Jude, staring at him. "Wouldn't want to spend high school with anyone else."

When he put his hand on the table, it went over Jude's as they all made a pact, a swear to each other. They pulled back, but not Jude and Mike. They stayed, hands locked, shoulders pressed together, giving each other a side eyed smile with their own flushed faces.

It wasn't just a kiss anymore.

kylie speaks

sad to see this end but glad
i ended it sorta close to the
new season, may will be here
in just a little over a month!
i can't wait for you to see what
i do with my favorite boy ever
and ofc get to see and talk to
you guys again!!! what a blast
it's been and i'm so happy and
shocked at the amount of support i got, i genuinely
didn't expect this book to do
as good as it has.

sad to see this end but gladi ended it sorta close to thenew season, may will be herein just a little over a month!i can't wait for you to see whati do with my favorite boy everand ofc get to see and talk toyou guys again!!! what a blastit's been ...